*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
New CUH-1216A PS4 from Amazon arrived and setup. First thing I noticed is how much lighter this is. All Matte finish looks nice. 2TB HDD installed and starting to re download games.

Noticed it's putting out a ton of heat even during the menu, but it's pretty silent. Not sure if cooler is doing a better job or it is actually running hotter.

Gonna try Defense Grid in a min as that game made my old PS4 sound like a hairdryer. See if this really is quieter.

*EDIT*

Just did some super grinder on defense grid, it is without doubt much quieter than my old PS4, doesn't seem to ramp up when under load, old PS4 would sound like a hairdryer on low when really stressed lol. If your looking to buy your first PS4, def go with this model.

Last edited:
Associate
My ps4 limited edition MGSV version had shipped from Ireland - expecting it tomorrow :)) cost 300 quid all in.

Same. Though I personally don't hope it arrives before Monday. I might be moving within the next month (therefore a bad idea to open it and set it up) and the PC version unlocks at 1pm Monday. If it arrives before then, I don't know whether I'll be able to fight the temptation to open it just to play MGS5 sooner.

As for the guy who want's a PS4 for MGS5, the limited edition MGS5 console bundle is at French Amazon and gamestop.ie for £300 or less if you bought it sooner. Otherwise I think Game.co.uk has had a price drop to £320, or so I heard. But that bundle maker from a few posts above seems to be a great value for money too. Go for it if you don't have a PC or XB1 to play it on. GZ ran a bit too slowly on XB360 for my taste, so I'll avoid getting it on X360 unless I have a reason to.

Soldato
Shopto is the latest console, gets you more games and a discount on MGSV, not sure how the Amazon deal is better..

My thinking is that I've seen Last of Us on offer cheap, and Driveclub is like £10 is CEX etc, or free version with PS+.

I prefer Until Dawn, as it's a new game and worth more. Amazon Warranty is second to none as well, so for me I always prefer to buy from them.

If you like the other games than yeah that would be a better deal. Each to their own mate.

-------------------

This new console is weird, it doesn't seem to sound any different during IDLE (Menu) or under LOAD playing games, just like a gentle hum, doesn't ramp up like my old console. Impressive without a die shrink. When they launch a slim model with a die shrink I imagine it will be near silent.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I keep reading about a possible PS4 Slim reveal in October? Some say this was actually the CUH 1200, but other places are showing a new redesigned console, with smaller dimensions.

What do we think?

Caporegime
I keep reading about a possible PS4 Slim reveal in October? Some say this was actually the CUH 1200, but other places are showing a new redesigned console, with smaller dimensions.

What do we think?

Not overly fussed about a slim console to be honest, the current revision is plenty small enough already imo.

It's not like the PS3 fat, which was pretty massive (and ugly), the slim version of the PS3 was very much needed.

Soldato
Think my playstation may be on its way out, so far this week when ive switched it off after few minutes it will give the 3 beeps, if theres a disk in then it will spit it out and switch itself back on and beep away and weird noise come from the disc drive, so far has happened 3 times.

Back
Top Bottom