*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Yup it's being collected on Tuesday and going back to simply games - seeing how good they've been with sending this out I'm assuming there turnaround process is just as good!

I presume game saves are safe so when I sign back into my psn account and pop the game disc in it takes me back to where I left off?

Soldato
Yup it's being collected on Tuesday and going back to simply games - seeing how good they've been with sending this out I'm assuming there turnaround process is just as good!

I presume game saves are safe so when I sign back into my psn account and pop the game disc in it takes me back to where I left off?

You got PS+ and upload saves to the PS + cloud Storage as if so, then yes.

If not, then sadly no your game save is on the HD and you need to try and find a way to either recover this to an external drive or just bite the bullet and start the game again...

Associate
I've got PS+ but unless uploading saves is the default I'll be ok, if I had to enable it it's lost but never mind! With the console being so new I hardly had any progress so not to worry.

Soldato
Anyone else had problems with the R2 button on their controller? Mines started to feel different to the L2 button and is starting to stick - I've had it about a month and I'm sending it back to shopto hopefully for a replacement

Not doing too well with the PS4 tbh had to send the console to Sony as it was too loud and it came back quieter but it still makes a bit of noise when its been played for over 45 mins

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else had problems with the R2 button on their controller? Mines started to feel different to the L2 button and is starting to stick - I've had it about a month and I'm sending it back to shopto hopefully for a replacement

Not doing too well with the PS4 tbh had to send the console to Sony as it was too loud and it came back quieter but it still makes a bit of noise when its been played for over 45 mins

i've had that on one controller. they are very cheaply made. never had any issues with ps1, ps2 or the original ps3 controllers.

but later batches of ps3 controllers and all ps4 controllers have been knocked up very cheaply.

they retail for like £25 in america. so you can imagine just how cheap they are put together for all the features they include. remember the ds4 has a led light bar, touchpad, speaker and a headset jack in addition to the ds3 yet the price has stayed the same.

so quality seems to have suffered greatly. i have opened up sixaxis, ds3's and ds4's and the sixaxis was miles ahead in terms of build quality.

Permabanned
Had my PS4 since launch day , have to say its been **** poor to be honest and very disappointing :mad: you may disagree but i think gaming has lost its way on next gen , PS4 has been out since Nov 13 2013 and its been so slow , not say that all PS4 games are boring but nothing really coming out , whats happend to all them amazing platform games

Time to get my PS3 60gb out and have fun on them great PS1 & PS2 games , gaming was so much fun back on PS1 & PS2 and PS3 , would have been so much better if PS4 was backwards compatibility with PS3

Last edited:
Soldato
Had my PS4 since launch day , have to say its been **** poor to be honest and very disappointing :mad: you may disagree but i think gaming has lost its way on next gen , PS4 has been out since Nov 13 2013 and its been so slow , not say that all PS4 games are boring but nothing really coming out , whats happend to all them amazing platform games

Time to get my PS3 60gb out and have fun on them great PS1 & PS2 games , gaming was so much fun back on PS1 & PS2 and PS3 , would have been so much better if PS4 was backwards compatibility with PS3

There are so many games out, I've no idea how people can say this. Backwards compatibility would've simply made the console more expensive, I'm glad they didn't bother.

I'm assuming there's regular demos put on the PS Store?
I've got a PS3 and 360, there's only been 2 demos in the past 3-4 months, I miss that!

Not really, demos haven't been particularly common for quite a few years now. Developers know that a demo is more likely to put someone off a game than it is to entice them into buying it.

Caporegime
OP
there are plenty of games don't know what he's been smoking.

mad max, metal gear solid, until dawn are all recent releases that a lot of people are raving on about.then you have destiny, new need for speed incoming as well as battlefront. the recent batman game has gotten rave reviews as well.

obviously not as many as the ps2 or ps3 but the console has only been out a couple of years. when naughty dog release their ps4 game i'm sure everyone will be blown away.

fallout is coming soon too.

Associate
I know this has been covered loads of times but I have never paid attention until now as it has happened to me. Basically the rubber on right analogue stick is totally worn out. Whats the best DIY solution.

Thanks

Associate

I kinda understand what you mean and I have to agree. Even though my PS4 is arriving this week, possibly tomorrow. If anyone is saying it has great games, I think that we meant to say exclusives, which are mostly 'on the way' for PS4. The only currently released PS4 exclusive that turned out to be decent was Bloodborne. But TheHitMan is probably in the same boat as me, where the few decent PS4 exclusives so far don't interest me. I'm not one of those people who enjoys games like Dark Souls. Games like MGS, Mad Max and Fallout come out on other platforms like PC and XB1. If people own anything in addition to a PS4, then it's pointless to get those games on PS4, unless the PS4 has the best version.

As for the backwards compatibility, I definitely agree there. Nintendo have had it for a long time and look at how cheap their system is, despite the inferior power their system has. And now Microsoft have figured out a way to do it without charging a single extra penny. In this day and age, backwards compatibility doesn't need to be disc based, though that would be nice. It doesn't have to make the console more pricey like people are saying it would. Because of no BC on PS4, I purchased a PS3, which has plenty of good exclusives to play. I would have bought my PS4 sooner if it had BC.

Long story short, I'm kinda sick of all the good exclusives being 'coming soon.' People who actually know stuff in the Gaming industry have mentioned how the PS4/XB1 are undergoing the same issue the WiiU had before last year, very few reasons to actually use it. It's funny how folks complain about WiiU having no games to play when there are a decent few now. Instead it's the other way around. At least the PS4/XB1 are getting great games in the near future, the WiiU is barely getting any new games now.

I guess I'm kinda grateful the good games are coming slowly. I'll be able to buy them one by one, rather than be overwhelmed by tons of games I want to play but not being able to afford getting them all. I was grateful for the slow release of WiiU games too. I probably won't be opening and using my PS4 when it arrives. The game it comes with I've ordered on Steam anyway, for a hopefully superior experience. Unless it does an Arkham Knight.

Permabanned

i dont agree theres nothing to play and no way would i go back to ps3/360, but they do need to stop making HD Remastered rubbish and get some original games out. Metal Gear is a great advert for next gen, the graphics are great as is Madden 16, it looks like television.

Soldato
Horses for courses, my PS4 is used almost daily whilst my XB1 has become excellent at collecting dust! I've been hooked on titles such as Driveclub, TLoU and Ground Zeroes. Not to mention many of the PSN titles too.

My XB1 has been used for Ryse and...and...um....well just Ryse as Forza is a bore fest with poor graphics made by a deceitful dev.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom