*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
rubber covers slip off, despite what others will tell you.

they are terrible.

buy some custom thumbsticks if your replacing them you might as well buy ones which suit you. companies like cinch charge you a fortune normally for customisations like that.

some people have put xbox thumbsticks onto their ds4's for instance.

you could try concave or convex, metal, etc.

Caporegime
Can you please provide video evidence? To ensure Its you can you have an old copy of zoo magazine in the background and wear a def leopard t shirt perhaps drinking bovril as well......unless your lying to Sonny and they do indeed slip ;)

What a strange thing to video...but here you go.

Even though my thumb is never at that position when playing, pushed on the side to push it round is not a natural motion, it still doesn't move.

b6LkMEq.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Erm Sony actually might be listening to us...

PS4 Firmware 3.0 said:
  • Events: A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter.
  • YouTube live: PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.
  • Online storage capacity increase: PlayStation Plus members’ PS4 cloud storage capacity will increase from 1GB to 10GB
  • Favourite Groups: Favourite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you add new or existing groups as a Favorite Group and quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.
  • Communities: PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players and the ability to join parties or games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends, this could be a great way to connect with other likeminded players.
  • Sharing video clips to Twitter: Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. The maximum video length is 10 seconds, but you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips.
  • Live from PlayStation: We’ve added the ability for users to view popular broadcasts, video clips and screenshots on the Live From PlayStation area
  • Screenshots: We’ve listened to your feedback and we’re happy to confirm that PNG format is now an option for Screenshot saves
  • Now Playing: The Now Playing screen will display more information about what your friends are doing, and you’ll be able to quickly jump into a party, request a screen share, or jump to PlayStation Store to buy a game your friend is playing.
  • Request to watch: Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.
  • Stickers: Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you’ll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...tures-are-coming-in-ps4-system-software-3-00/

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
10 GB online cloud. Good start. Should be per game like steam not per account but still. That's cool, better then 1 GB.

YouTube steaming. Big win for Google gaming broadcasts. And PNG screenshots, nice.

Still, no folders, on appear offline and no notification when someone comes online. But groups of friends nice addition, Yeah good update, still plenty more to add but getting there...

Soldato
Came home last night to Metal Gear Solid 5 and Until Dawn. Little gift from my GF but cant get to them until the weekend!

Lack of games debate is nonsense. I honestly can't get round to everything I want to play. My pre orders for the remainder of the year is silly. Its a great time to be a gamer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Lack of games debate is nonsense. I honestly can't get round to everything I want to play. My pre orders for the remainder of the year is silly. Its a great time to be a gamer.

Agreed, I already have to many to realistically ever finish. How people can say there aren't enough games is beyond my comprehension. Some must spend literally every second of every day to play them all :p

I'm still plodding through Witcher 3, and Gears of War remaster. Soon Mad Max, Until Dawn, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Uncharted collection, Battlefront, and Just Cause 3.

If we skip next year and imagine no other games were released until 2017 I would likely still not have finished these above :D

Soldato
rubber covers slip off, despite what others will tell you.

they are terrible.

buy some custom thumbsticks if your replacing them you might as well buy ones which suit you. companies like cinch charge you a fortune normally for customisations like that.

some people have put xbox thumbsticks onto their ds4's for instance.

you could try concave or convex, metal, etc.

They are fine on the 3 DS4's I have. They only cost £3 from Amazon so if they do slip off I will just buy some more.

(Judging by what a pain in the *** they were to put on I hate to think what sort of action you would have to follow to get them to just "slip off")

Soldato
Came home last night to Metal Gear Solid 5 and Until Dawn. Little gift from my GF but cant get to them until the weekend!

The debate is related to the lack of PS4 exclusive games.

Yay for the 10GB online storage, has been a pain with all the failed upload messages.

Glad that Live cloud storage is unlimited as that's something I won't have to worry about.

My DS4's are fine, probably not had enough use to wear the rubber off. Mind you, i'd be complaining to Sony if they did, rather than frankensteining some X1 sticks on.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it really an issue though when all the multi platform ones are better on PS4, and as a PS4 owner haven't heard much noise regarding any must have Xbox One exclusives.

Unsure why you're drawing comparison to Xbox here, when the discussion is about a lack of PS4 exclusives. But if you must...

I have not heard much noise about all the multiplatform ones being better on PS4. In fact quite the contrary that they are in fact very similar between platforms. E.g. Mad Max both are 1080p, MGS is 900P vs 1080p)

Haven't heard of Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Halo, Gears, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising, Ryse, World of Tanks? (and yes, i'm judging exclusive as not on PS4).

Back
Top Bottom