*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Had my PS4 since launch day , have to say its been **** poor to be honest and very disappointing :mad: you may disagree but i think gaming has lost its way on next gen , PS4 has been out since Nov 13 2013 and its been so slow , not say that all PS4 games are boring but nothing really coming out , whats happend to all them amazing platform games

Time to get my PS3 60gb out and have fun on them great PS1 & PS2 games , gaming was so much fun back on PS1 & PS2 and PS3 , would have been so much better if PS4 was backwards compatibility with PS3

Yeah 25 million PS4 owners are playing nothing on the system because it has no games...

Soldato
PS4 just started to have games.

MAD MAX
BATMAN
UNTIL DAWN
MGS

+ many coming toon, 2016 will be packed.

Mad Max also has some exclusive content, as did batman and until dawn is from the looks a sleeper hit, and MGS is reporting to a shining example of what a 1080p 60fps is meant to be all about, so pretty good examples listed there...

Drive club had a rocky start, but its a very fine arcade racer with tons of content, should keep anyone happy if you dont mind arcade racing games, quite challenging as well.

tben we have the PSN titles -

Everyone gone to the rapture, brilliant slow paced story based game.
Vanishing of ethan carter, another good story game

then we have Grim Fandango - superb remake of a classic adventure game
We have the new R & C game from insomniac coming, but you also can't forget the previous released titles like -

Resogun, infamous second son and bloodborne.

PS4 has lots of games to play now, and many more coming up, and I'm well excited to play uncharted collection, tearaway unfolded and the SNES remake of super star wars...

think that lot should keep most gamers happy, plenty to play.

Soldato
Yeah 25 million PS4 owners are playing nothing on the system because it has no games...

Don't bother quoting figures, it means nothing when folks don't bother to look up and consider that others are actually enjoying what they purchased. Its his fault he finds no enjoyment out of a machine he paid £300 for, should have researched more before buying IMO.

Soldato
Horses for courses, my PS4 is used almost daily whilst my XB1 has become excellent at collecting dust! I've been hooked on titles such as Driveclub, TLoU and Ground Zeroes. Not to mention many of the PSN titles too.

My XB1 has been used for Ryse and...and...um....well just Ryse as Forza is a bore fest with poor graphics made by a deceitful dev.

No offense, but then why did you buy the X1 if you find nothing to play on it? I have myself been looking at an X1 and so far found forza 6 and maybe crackdown but then I remember I got a Wii U for mario kart telling myself i'd find games to play on it, and its a shame as the Wii U sees so little use as I do not have the games for it, as apart from mario kart which i enjoyed I've not played anything else on it, keeping it for Zelda and Star Fox but of all the Wii U exclusives I find little to play on it.

So this means even though I do find forza 6 intriguing and would love to play to, a X1 is maybe never going ot end up under my TV simply due to wondering if i'd be wise to spend £300 on another console for just occasional usage.

I have a PS3 for backwards compatibly - you know I never use the PS3 for Ps1 games, even tough it can play Ps1 games.. I think the only reason i play some PS3 games is for moping up trophies on finish my back catalog from PS+

Soldato
I know this has been covered loads of times but I have never paid attention until now as it has happened to me. Basically the rubber on right analogue stick is totally worn out. Whats the best DIY solution.

Thanks

ebay - buy new analogue sticks, youtube video to lean how to disassemble the pad and replace the sticks. Be mindful of touchpad ribbon cable, and use a white surface as the screws are small.. : -)

Soldato
pfft people say that but i cant hear F all over my glorious 5.1 HD Audio sound system :D

lol brilliant... although, if you're watching netflix late at night, and kids in bed, can't really turn the volume up, I do notice the fan when volume is low. I think the older PS4 models with the enclosed power unit and small size did in some ways suffer with noise comparable to an X1.

Mate has an x1, i do admit, and its been discussed to death, the X1 is very silent running, I have read and members in this thread have said the newer model Ps4 is quieter.

Soldato
My PS4 is quiet, I can't say it's any louder than my XB1, I have the 500G White Destiny console.

hmm Ive got a launch PS4 and its ok, but some games, rocket league and everyone gone to the rapture really did ramp up the fan. and I do hear it when watching amazon prime or iplayer - but its not PS3 levels and I can 100% live with it..

Not terrible, but not 100% whisper quiet either, but then its got fans, anything with a fan makes a noise, my old Panasonic plasma had cooling fans and that after years of service did finally start to make a noise when on.

My Ps4 has been pretty much used daily since purchase back in Nov 2013, so I suspect it needs a clean, and no not a clean on the outside lol

Caporegime
No offense, but then why did you buy the X1 if you find nothing to play on it? I have myself been looking at an X1 and so far found forza 6 and maybe crackdown but then I remember I got a Wii U for mario kart telling myself i'd find games to play on it, and its a shame as the Wii U sees so little use as I do not have the games for it, as apart from mario kart which i enjoyed I've not played anything else on it, keeping it for Zelda and Star Fox but of all the Wii U exclusives I find little to play on it.

So this means even though I do find forza 6 intriguing and would love to play to, a X1 is maybe never going ot end up under my TV simply due to wondering if i'd be wise to spend £300 on another console for just occasional usage.

I have a PS3 for backwards compatibly - you know I never use the PS3 for Ps1 games, even tough it can play Ps1 games.. I think the only reason i play some PS3 games is for moping up trophies on finish my back catalog from PS+

The One has plenty of games for it as well, I have both and find that they both (until recently) got fairly equal usage. That's changed a little as all I seem to currently play is Planetside 2.

Look out for a deal and you can pick the X1 up for closer to £200 than £300.

Soldato
Unreal when people say a console has no games, I could see that guys point maybe about a year ago but now, thats crazy!
Ive played some great games recently, The Witcher 3 was awsome , lego jurassic world was good fun. (I don't give a fly if there multi plat). As of late Im finding it really hard to get the time to play most games.
Ive missed Batman, Everyones gone to rapture, Until Dawn.....and in the coming months there will be even more great games.

Associate
ebay - buy new analogue sticks, youtube video to lean how to disassemble the pad and replace the sticks. Be mindful of touchpad ribbon cable, and use a white surface as the screws are small.. : -)

Thanks, would it not be easier to just buy the rubber cover they're selling on ebay and stick that on top, or is it not practical?

Back
Top Bottom