*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Example on DriveClub. PNG vs JPG outputs.

JPG - 400KB

jpg_output.png

PNG - 2.6MB

png_output.png

Associate
Does anyone know whether the PS4's sold by Game.co.uk are the new CUH-1200 versions? I understand the Metal Gear Solid bundle is the new console but what about the others? (I already own MGS5) I've tried phoning however its just an automated system.

Associate
It should be written on the bottom of the console itself where the serial number is. If yours is the new version I'll get it from Tesco. My 3 week old system crashed when I first played MGS5 so I'm getting a refund - would prefer to buy from a physical shop instead of online!

Soldato
It should be written on the bottom of the console itself where the serial number is. If yours is the new version I'll get it from Tesco. My 3 week old system crashed when I first played MGS5 so I'm getting a refund - would prefer to buy from a physical shop instead of online!

Even says it on the outside of the box on mine!

Caporegime
Some of those games that guy mentions are on PC. So not even 'exclusives'. PS4 has tons of exclusives as well, arguably better ones. Bloodborne, Killzone, Infamous, Until Dawn etc are better than Killer Instinct imho. Isn't that coming to PC as well? :p

Forza 5, Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall (PC), Halo, Gears (PC), Killer Instinct (PC), Dead Rising (PC), Ryse(PC), World of Tanks(PC)?

Lol.

They're exclusive as far as consoles are concerned, Titanfall for example being available on the PC doesn't help PS4 owners who want to play it, unless they also have a gaming PC of course.

I don't game on the PC, hence why I bought both :p

Soldato
This generation is the first time I've ever owned a PlayStation (was always an Xbox owner before) so I'm looking to get into some PlayStation only exclusive series. Can anyone recommend games that I should play at all? I like FPS and RPG the most but I'm game to try out other games if they are highly recommended.

Associate
This generation is the first time I've ever owned a PlayStation (was always an Xbox owner before) so I'm looking to get into some PlayStation only exclusive series. Can anyone recommend games that I should play at all? I like FPS and RPG the most but I'm game to try out other games if they are highly recommended.

the uncharted the nathan drake series when its out if you havent played them before

Soldato
You know there is more to graphics than just resolution right? MGS on the XB1 is missing subsurface scattering, has lower quality motion blur, worse texture filtering etc..

From the very same article:

"Xbox One holds up in every other aspect and with the game in full flight, the experience is very, very similar indeed."

You wouldn't even be able to tell unless you critiqued them side by side on pause.

Caporegime
OP
From the very same article:

"Xbox One holds up in every other aspect and with the game in full flight, the experience is very, very similar indeed."

You wouldn't even be able to tell unless you critiqued them side by side on pause.

so the ps4 is better? yes or no? doesn't matter if it's 0.0000001% better or 100 times better. it's better on the ps4 much like every properly coded multi plat.

Associate
Does anyone know whether the PS4's sold by Game.co.uk are the new CUH-1200 versions? I understand the Metal Gear Solid bundle is the new console but what about the others? (I already own MGS5) I've tried phoning however its just an automated system.

all the new 500gb ps4's should be the new models ,only the 1tb is old design

Back
Top Bottom