*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

New to PS4 here, so new in fact it is still in the box, hadn't even planned to buy one, but was offered a new, sealed 500gb with COD advanced warfare for a price I just couldn't possibly resist, so here I am!

Anything out there in the freebies in the marketplace that are worth checking out before I get a little wish list of games together, I think this may be the console for Star Wars battlefront, too! :)

Planetside 2 is worth a look for a freebie, it's a lot of game for nothing.

I'm finding the seagate hdd load times to be really poor. It takes forever to load into a mission on mgs 5. :(

EDIT: Hmmm now it's loading quickly. I wonder if it's more to do with the unstable servers on MGS.

It is, if the you're connected to the servers and they're having problems, A LOT of stuff in mgs5 slows down. Even some simple iDroid menus take a really long time to load in comparison, same with loading times for missions etc.

Planetside 2 is worth a look for a freebie, it's a lot of game for nothing.

war thunder is probably one of the best free games you could play too. there is a HUGE pc community for that game on this forum which you can play with on the ps4 (cross play).

rocket league also cross play is worth buying if you missed out on psn plus freebie.

then there is the last of us remastered, metal gear solids, bloodborne, etc.

New to PS4 here, so new in fact it is still in the box, hadn't even planned to buy one, but was offered a new, sealed 500gb with COD advanced warfare for a price I just couldn't possibly resist, so here I am!

Anything out there in the freebies in the marketplace that are worth checking out before I get a little wish list of games together, I think this may be the console for Star Wars battlefront, too! :)

War Thunder is worth it for a free game, Planetside 2 if it's your thing.

Buying wise then Last of Us, Bloodborne, Rocket League, Uncharted Collection which comes out October the 9th i think has Uncharted 1/2/3 all remastered and really good. Plenty of other good games, just got to see what you like.

I am finding the sticks that i bought from ebay very uncomfortable, the rubber seems so thin that it feels i am holding the plastic. Are there any branded sticks with good quality rubber?

I am finding the sticks that i bought from ebay very uncomfortable, the rubber seems so thin that it feels i am holding the plastic. Are there any branded sticks with good quality rubber?

Have you thought about putting xbox one sticks on the ds4?

I guess the ds4 sticks are fine now but Ive been happy with the xbone sticks since I replaced my early ds4 sticks due to ware.

Last edited:

Have you thought about putting xbox one sticks on the ds4?

I guess the ds4 sticks are fine now but Ive been happy with the xbone sticks since I replaced my early ds4 sticks due to ware.

Do this, the Xbox sticks are amazing on the ds4.

I'm finding the seagate hdd load times to be really poor. It takes forever to load into a mission on mgs 5. :(

EDIT: Hmmm now it's loading quickly. I wonder if it's more to do with the unstable servers on MGS.

Can't say I have noticed any difference since upgrading (if anything I expect it would be quicker due to data density) - would put it down to just MGS.

Sony Launches official PlayStation F.C. UEFA Champions League app

To celebrate its continued partnership with the world’s biggest club football competition, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today unveiled the official PlayStation F.C. UEFA Champions League app, exclusive for PlayStation4 (PS4™) and available to download for free from PlayStation®Store.

Players will be able to climb the PlayStation F.C. leaderboard and compete for amazing prizes, including tickets to the UEFA Champions League Final Milan 2016, by playing Fantasy Football, Top Five [COMING SOON] and Predictor, all within the app on their PS4. PlayStation®Plus Members can also relive classic matches from the UEFA Champions League archives.

Thinking about finally joining the PS4 party though I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on 500gb v 1tb - How does 500gb hold up for space - have any who have come close to it filling up etc?

Ive had my PS4 since release and installed a 1TB the day i got it. Only now is space becoming a wee bit of an issue. But i don;t record video clips or take screenshots etc. That's purely game installs.

TBH i'd look at the price of the consoles together and then see if you can get a cheap 2tb hybrid to stick in it? I'm sure a few pages back people were talking about cheap ways to get a 2TB in the ps4

Thinking about finally joining the PS4 party though I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on 500gb v 1tb - How does 500gb hold up for space - have any who have come close to it filling up etc?

I wish I'd of upgraded my hdd from the start. 500gb isn't much when you take into account some games are 40gb or more and then you have dlc, expansions etc...even the dvr starts to take up a fair bit of space if you record your epic moments in games.

I bought a 2tb hdd for £59.99 a few weeks ago. Well worth the money imo.

Personally I'd say 500GB is fine unless you feel the need to have every game you own installed even after you're done playing them. Most people will easily get by with the standard drive.

Back
Top Bottom