*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Hello everyone. I have been a Playstation fan since it's inception all those moons ago, but have been holding off on a PS4. However I'm now thinking, especially with Star Wars Battlefront on the horizon, that now is 'the time'. Would you agree? Is the catalogue of games enough to justify this not very rich persons next big purchsse?

Jay

If the game catalogue is enough to suggest you'll get the use out of it, then absolutely.

Plenty of multi platform games, as well as exclusives to get your teeth into.

Ps plus can be had for £21.50 by using Groupon £40 for £20 Very voucher. Bought this morning.

Been burnt on Very deals before I would avoid, it sometimes goes trough then they cancel/takes weeks, my experience of last good deal there

They've always been fine for me.

Plus this is a groupon deal not a Very one.

I ordered last night and its in the postal system now :cool:

Hello everyone. I have been a Playstation fan since it's inception all those moons ago, but have been holding off on a PS4. However I'm now thinking, especially with Star Wars Battlefront on the horizon, that now is 'the time'. Would you agree? Is the catalogue of games enough to justify this not very rich persons next big purchsse?

Jay

Yes, get it and enjoy

This may be a common thing but idk so asking anyway.

Are downloads from psn always dreadfully slow ?

I usually download at 14-16mb/ so a gig takes just over a minute usually. With my ps4 ( over Ethernet ) 1.3gb is taking me about 30 minutes if not more. Quite frustrating really and I'm glad it's not a bigger download or I think I'd be trying to get my money back and buying a physical copy!

This a common thing?

I usually download at 14-16mb/ so a gig takes just over a minute usually. With my ps4 ( over Ethernet ) 1.3gb is taking me about 30 minutes if not more. Quite frustrating really and I'm glad it's not a bigger download or I think I'd be trying to get my money back and buying a physical copy!

This a common thing?

Yep. Putting your console in standby mode normally speeds them up, also some people have managed to increase the speeds by change their DNS servers.

Anyone else really excited about world of tanks hitting ps4 soon? I played a little bit of tanks on war thunder, and quite enjoyed it! So I'm looking forward to this release :D I'm assuming it'll be very similar to war thunder? As in, pay to win?

Anyone else really excited about world of tanks hitting ps4 soon? I played a little bit of tanks on war thunder, and quite enjoyed it! So I'm looking forward to this release :D I'm assuming it'll be very similar to war thunder? As in, pay to win?

Really looking forward to WoT on PS4 just gonna be hard for me grinding through low tier again when ive already got loads of high tier tanks on the PC version. It's also not P2W as premium ammo can be bought with in game currency.

This a common thing?

Im the complete opposite, Ive had my ps4 since launch connected via wifi and have never experienced slow downloads. I find it really strange so many seem to suffer poor speeds.

For the record Im with VM on 100mb line using a Asus N66U router.

When I download stuff I do normally either leave it alone on the xmb or put in standby, either way I notice no difference.

I wait 30 minutes or so for most small downloads to complete, for full games normally 2 hours or so, but I do that overnight normally in standby.

Also I don't normally download anything in peak times so I can't say if that would effect speeds, I suspect it would.

Im the complete opposite, Ive had my ps4 since launch connected via wifi and have never experienced slow downloads. I find it really strange so many seem to suffer poor speeds.

For the record Im with VM on 100mb line using a Asus N66U router.

When I download stuff I do normally either leave it alone on the xmb or put in standby, either way I notice no difference.

I wait 30 minutes or so for most small downloads to complete, for full games normally 2 hours or so, but I do that overnight normally in standby.

Also I don't normally download anything in peak times so I can't say if that would effect speeds, I suspect it would.

How big is a "small" download to you?

Been burnt on Very deals before I would avoid, it sometimes goes trough then they cancel/takes weeks, my experience of last good deal there

My ps plus arrived yesterday from very. Full retail box version. Cost me £21.50 including ring sizer! Delivered.
Edit to local shop on collect+ by which they give you free shipping.
Some people used quidco and got it for like 18 after all cost.

Bet the ring sizer product manager at very was loving that!

Last edited:
PS4 having a price drop by £50 next month - need to battle Halo 5 I guess!

Presume that should mean shop pricing drops a bit while also being able to obtain the newer model...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom