*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

So they added communities , good idea but only to then not add the ability to search. Only Sony eh?

Still, I do like how I can now broadcast a gaming session to YouTube, as I have a Google account so naturally use YouTube more then twitch, and the huge big ps+ icon makes seeing all my ps4 ps+ games easier to locate...

And the 10gb cloud storage much welcome, and I can now finally turn off screenshots when I earn a trophy.

The events mind are slow, and I thought my ps4 had crashed. Takes ages to load these event listings...

Couldn't see them bringing out 4k until the next generation of consoles. Current are simply nowhere near powerful enough.

Its not that its about 4k gaming. It's that the console should be able to do 4k streaming and 4k blu ray ... Although that might mean 2 versions of the ps4.

One that fully supports 4k streaming , and another version that plays 4k blu ray movies . Although that will be quite expensive

Got a problem with the update - downloaded and installed but the PS won't boot fully. I get storage check, then the PS logo, then it just shuts down. Have tried reinstalling from the safe start menu with the same results. Guess a rebuild is next?

Just recently purchased a PS4 myself. Got it with Destiny Taken King and really enjoying what I've played so far.

Please feel free to add me if anyone wants to join at some point. Also been playing a bit of TLOU Remastered MP.

Psn - TheGoober90

##

there is no 4k blu ray on ps4 atm , and without a drive change that part wont happen

No-one knows whether it is supportable or not.

UHD BD uses 66GB (Dual layer) and 100GB (Triple Layer) Discs. 100GB is already available via the BDXL standard, so depending on the drive hardware this may already be doable. Increasing layer size from 25GB to 33GB was allegedly proposed by Sony and Panasonic in 2010 and would be doable via firmware. Hitachi also claimed 100GB was doable via firmware (although via 4 Layers).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray#Ongoing_development

Between some combination of these, don't count it out that it may just be a firmware update (although the cynic in me says even if it was, a relaunch model would be ideal to champion the new format).

Back
Top Bottom