*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

If my PS4 is in standby and I turn it on by ejecting the disc it will not read other discs when inserted. If I then turn it of it gives me 3 beeps after a while then just constantly flashes the light. I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds to force it off....

So, on start up my PS4 says Rebuilding Database and a quick load bar comes up. This lasts no more than 2/3 seconds, after it loads my PS4 continues as normal. At first I thought I may not have shut down correctly but it's every time I turn it on from both Sleep mode and if I've turned the system off. Any help ?

If my PS4 is in standby and I turn it on by ejecting the disc it will not read other discs when inserted. If I then turn it of it gives me 3 beeps after a while then just constantly flashes the light. I have to hold the power button for 15 seconds to force it off....

Yes that is the bug.

Can't say I've noticed that issue myself, it decided to turn itself on and spit discs out or just decided to eject a disc mid game session is really irritating though.

Thanks, any recommendations on a 2TB drive. Quicker the better ;)

the quickest you can get requires a nyko data bank which you can order from america for less than £40.

then you can use a desktop 3.5" 7200rpm hybrid drive which cost around £60-80 iirc.

so the mechanical aspect is 7200rpm which is obviously faster than 5400rpm laptop drives and the ssd cache is obviously just as fast as an ssd.

so for around £100 you can get a 2TB drive which is lightning fast compared to the stock drive.

i load about 6 seconds quicker into the tower in destiny for example when i'm host in a fireteam of 3 or less.

I just bought the 500Gb PS4 without knowing about these new versions, turns out it's the new version and been around for a while.

I had thought about teh 1TB but was going to upgrade the drive to a SSHD, so didn't see the point.

Back
Top Bottom