*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

So I picked up a PS TV for next to nothing today.
Tried to remote play my PS4 with it - can't believe how laggy it is especially on a wired connection!?!

Even my Z3 remote play feature was better than this and that is wireless!!

Anything I can do to improve it?

Do you have both the PS TV and the PS4 wired? There's a Framerate option which you can set to high so you should then be streaming at 720 / 60 fps. If that doesn't help I don't think this is much else you can try.

Updates for GT6 were horrible... You sit down and think "I have an hour, i think i'll do a few races" 45 mintues later...... *sigh*

This, and GT5 was no better either... I have so enjoyed the speed of installation on ps4. Sony really did release a machine that fixed so many issues with their previous machine.

Granted the media side is still lacking comparable to a ps3 but its still without doubt one of the best gaming machines I've ever used...

Wasn't that an issue that was fixed by removing the game content from the HDD and starting from scratch?

Tbh GT5 was such a pain to install , I csnt fully remember.

I wish it was fixed from that, I've done everything (that I'm aware of) and it always fails on the same patch :\ No solution has fixed it for me, even after a reformat. Just found another thread with the issue that I might try and hope it works.

Last edited:
So I picked up a PS TV for next to nothing today.
Tried to remote play my PS4 with it - can't believe how laggy it is especially on a wired connection!?!

Even my Z3 remote play feature was better than this and that is wireless!!

Anything I can do to improve it?

Are you connecting directly to the PS4 or via the network?

You want to be doing the former.

I sometimes use my Vita for remote play and it is fine when directly connected (both via wireless).

The Uncharted bundles are the reduced prices (supposedly), so £299 for 500GB and £329 for 1TB. Both new models.

That's a good way forward. I managed to get my LE PS4 bundle for just about £300, but I did have to go out of my way and buy it from an EU (not UK) retailer. I'm just waiting for more games to come out now, preferably good for local multiplayer. My second DS4 controller has only been used on the PC to play MGS5 so far.

How do I know when a game has finished installing to the hard drive? I know this doesn't in the background, but just got a few games so want to get them all done so I can see how much space I have left and so I don't have to worry about it.

It could well be, might have just been due to the release of the new 1TB hard drive. Don't think there will be any more drops in price soon though, next will probably be next year.

yeah its the 1TB bundle ive got coming. Hopefully it doesnt drop again in price super quickly. Obviously it will eventually but as long as its not before christmas I'll be happy

Are you connecting directly to the PS4 or via the network?

You want to be doing the former.

I sometimes use my Vita for remote play and it is fine when directly connected (both via wireless).

Do you have both the PS TV and the PS4 wired? There's a Framerate option which you can set to high so you should then be streaming at 720 / 60 fps. If that doesn't help I don't think this is much else you can try.

Yeah its all wired - I don't do wireless for gaming.

I've got a vita and a Sony Z3 too - and they all seem to lag, hence thought by having a hard wired PSTV would help but no joy :( waste of £20, its worse than both the vita and the Z3 and their both wireless!

Trying to play destiny is a right mare!

Yeah its all wired - I don't do wireless for gaming.

I've got a vita and a Sony Z3 too - and they all seem to lag, hence thought by having a hard wired PSTV would help but no joy :( waste of £20, its worse than both the vita and the Z3 and their both wireless!

Trying to play destiny is a right mare!

The PSTV should not be worse than the VITA as it is basically a screenless VITA.

When selecting remote play what option are you choosing? One will connect directly to the PS4 (through your home network) and one will try to find your PS4 via the internet (allowing remote play outside of the home networks range).

Destiny has an amount of noticeable input lag but the game is playable.

Back
Top Bottom