*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I still have a launch day PS4. I haven't a clue which wire I'm using to charge the controllers but it isn't the one that was provided with the console. I've just checked on my blue controller that I've had charging in my PS4's USB slot for a while now. Charging status has been constantly showing it's on charge but, removing the cable shows the controller is dead and needs charging. I guess my next step is to try charge the controller using the same wire on my PC.

Could the PS4 possibly be under powering the USB slots and stopping the charge happening?

Caporegime
Might have been my Amazon Basics cable after all. Contrary to what I thought, the PC wasn't charging up the controller with it. DS4 was dead when I came to use it this morning. Plugged in the Xbox USB cable and it worked for a few hours without any nonsense. I just need to check it again later to see if it is charged up.

Associate
Bought my PS4 Pro in store (GAME) early April. Now it's not fully ejecting discs without intervention and making awful sounds when inserting discs. Going to be a pain in the arse as I will have to arrange for collection, backup hard drive (2tb replacement), put old HD back in and presumably install/make sure its operating, etc. Also don't like the idea of possibly getting a refurbished PS4.

Anyone else had any experience of this? I'm thinking it's a bad idea to try and fix myself albeit tempting...

Might be part of the reason but I only have one game on disc, and that's my sons Lego Worlds game so he can take it to friends. All my games are download.

Soldato
Bought my PS4 Pro in store (GAME) early April. Now it's not fully ejecting discs without intervention and making awful sounds when inserting discs. Going to be a pain in the arse as I will have to arrange for collection, backup hard drive (2tb replacement), put old HD back in and presumably install/make sure its operating, etc. Also don't like the idea of possibly getting a refurbished PS4.

Anyone else had any experience of this? I'm thinking it's a bad idea to try and fix myself albeit tempting...

Might be part of the reason but I only have one game on disc, and that's my sons Lego Worlds game so he can take it to friends. All my games are download.

Any reason you need to backup your old HD?
Get plus for a couple of months and upload all of your saved games. Take 2TB drive out, put original back in.
If by chance you get your unit back, then it will recognise the 2TB again. If you don't, download all your games again and all your saves will be in the cloud.

If it's under warranty, no way I'd be trying to fix myself. Right now it'll get fixed under warranty, something goes wrong with your self-fix and it won't be.

Associate
Quick question: I just pre ordered Crash Bandicoot on Playstation Network so I can get the four themes and avatars included.

Where can I locate the pre order theme as listed on the purchase screen? Can't find it for the life of me or does it come when the game is released on Friday...i thought it was in advance as soon as you pre ordered?

Cheers

Soldato
Quick question: I just pre ordered Crash Bandicoot on Playstation Network so I can get the four themes and avatars included.

Where can I locate the pre order theme as listed on the purchase screen? Can't find it for the life of me or does it come when the game is released on Friday...i thought it was in advance as soon as you pre ordered?

Cheers

I pre-ordered digitally also. I heard that in the US, you receive the pre-order bonus as soon as you make payment but it's different for EU. Someone mentioned that it's due to the way they do pre-orders. Think it was something about they never used to take payment until release but now they take payment immediately and just haven't updated the policy.

I was hoping to receive them once I bought also but only 5 more days to go.

Associate
I pre-ordered digitally also. I heard that in the US, you receive the pre-order bonus as soon as you make payment but it's different for EU. Someone mentioned that it's due to the way they do pre-orders. Think it was something about they never used to take payment until release but now they take payment immediately and just haven't updated the policy.

I was hoping to receive them once I bought also but only 5 more days to go.

Cheers! Thanks for updating me, no incentive to really pre order then, meh! - But I am sure the themes will look gorgeous.

Soldato
That discussion comes up every time with "pre order bonuses".
It is very hit and miss as to if they will appear as something you can purchase after the release, some games do, some don't.
If there is something you really want then it is worth placing that pre-order - only way to be sure.

Soldato
Does anyone know an easy and quick way to simply switch from using the DS4 on the PC via bluetooth, to being usable on the PS4?

At this moment in time, I have to manually make the bluetooth device forget the DS4, so I can then use the wire to pair it back up with my PS4. I need both as I will be using the controllers to game on the PC but then I'll need to use the same controller to change movies on NowTV.

Annoying, I can't use the PS android app since that only works on the main menu navigation.

Soldato
Does anyone know an easy and quick way to simply switch from using the DS4 on the PC via bluetooth, to being usable on the PS4?

At this moment in time, I have to manually make the bluetooth device forget the DS4, so I can then use the wire to pair it back up with my PS4. I need both as I will be using the controllers to game on the PC but then I'll need to use the same controller to change movies on NowTV.

Annoying, I can't use the PS android app since that only works on the main menu navigation.

Pretty sure the controller can only be associated with one device at a time, so there is no option but to re-pair each time you switch between them.

Soldato
Pretty sure the controller can only be associated with one device at a time, so there is no option but to re-pair each time you switch between them.

Thanks, that's a pity :( just makes it that little bit longer.

I'd buy another controller. :p A nice red or blue one.

Already have two and one of them is blue :). Don't see the need for a third until our daughter is old enough to join us.

Associate

to go from the pc to using on ps4 all u need to do is connect the usb cable

Back
Top Bottom