*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Think I'm going to get myself a PS4. Are there many good couch co-op games? My flatmate and i played Divinity recently on the PC and it was fantastic.

Any good PS4 deals around atm? I don't need a Pro, won't be upgrading my TV any time soon.

Associate
Your best off looking on HUKD, always something on there.

The Pro also has the boost mode for smoothing out those frame rates if your into that sort of thing and runs a lot quieter in 1080p mode. Also super sampling on some games. Extra RAM for the UI.

Apart from that there's not much difference for a none 4k user.

Soldato
Aux cable from back of my speaker sub unit (has what looks like a 3.5mm jack, it fits in) to the controller brings no audio. What do I need? Trying to use my PC Speakers while my TV is out of action. I've selected different audio options on the ps4 but nothing works.

V F

V F

Soldato
Nice little game Metal Gear Solid Ground Zero. Love the controls/animation compared to Metal Gear Solid 4.

The game feels quite Delta Force? Nice music it has as well.

Caporegime
Guys, I want to watch some stuff on my PS4 from the external drive. I've formatted the drive on the PS4 but Windows won't recognise it due to the way it's formatted so how do I get my media on it?

You'll have to format your external drive in Windows using exFAT. NTFS isn't readable by the PS4 (I've just tried it).

Soldato
Does anyone know what screwdriver I need to open a PS4?
Some sites seem to say a T8, whilst others say T9.

Mine desperately needs opening and cleaning as it sounds like a jet engine whenever a game is running.

Caporegime
You have to format the drive as FAT32 or exFAT, put the videos in a folder on that drive and thirdly make sure they are in one of the following formats.

• MKV
    • Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
  • AVI
    • Video: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2
    • Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
  • MP4
    • Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 5.2 (PlayStation®4 Pro only)
    • Audio: AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital), LPCM
  • MPEG-2 PS
    • Video: MPEG2 Visual
    • Audio: MP2 (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), MP3, AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital), LPCM
  • MPEG-2 TS
    • Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level 4.2, MPEG2 Visual
    • Audio: MP2 (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3 (Dolby Digital)
  • AVCHD (.m2ts, .mts)
  • XAVC S™ (.mp4)

Associate
after seeing the glacier white ps4 pro destiny 2 bundle that's coming ive decided ill pic one up which will sit next to my one s which will be used only for exclusives when the one x releases

destiny-2-glacier-white-ps4-pro-bundle-5-555x328.jpg

Soldato
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073K37...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=308ZHK81DV2C024QTY9R

This is a good deal, right? £350 for a 1Tb ps4 pro, Horizon Zero Dawn, Wipeout Omega and COD:IW
I'd probably dump COD on the MM since I'd far rather play my FPS games on my PC, but is there any reason I shouldn't grab this deal?

It also mentions a 2nd controller in the description, there is a bit of a debate on HotUKDeals as to whether thats a mistake but somebody says they have used live chat and have been told its correct. Seems like a great deal to me, just trying to decide if I really want one. I'd also dump COD for the same reason.

edit - 2nd controller now removed from description

Last edited:
Caporegime
Meh! Why can't they do a great bundle with games that most people actually want..... Got no interest in wipeout or COD IW and what's worse is that you get **** all for selling those games now....

Back
Top Bottom