*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

V F

V F

Soldato
Definitely play Uncharted 4 first, it's probably not vital to the storyline but it's an excellent game and will give you the background of one of the characters. Play 1-3 if you haven't already too, they're all brilliant.

Indeed. As there are references. Infact I think there has been references during each game which adds nice little memories.

Soldato
Anyone with a Ps4 Pro ever had weird funky colours on the XMB after closing a game that was in HDR?

I was playing f12017 in HDR mode, I closed the game on the xmb and as you know in HDR mode the screen goes blank for a second as it reverts back to normal mode, anyway it displayed really funky colours on the xmb afterwards, I switched hdmi sources and back again and it was back to normal.

Must just be some minor bug that can happen, not ever noticed it before.

Soldato
Might be wrong but I'd assume that's more to do with your TV than the PS4 as evidenced by it fixing itself when you switch HDMI inputs.

Soldato
My dual shock 4 v2 (one that comes with the Pro) appears to have failed :( No buttons, other than the PS one, work within games - tried a reset/delete/re-sync but nada; oddly the pad appears to work fine in the menus.

Only had it a few months, so hopefully Argos will replace it without hassle...

Soldato
I can't believe the Lego Dimensions starter kit is still selling for £52.99. Its been out for two years! You would think the price would have dropped by now. Same for all the expansion packs.

Associate
I've been through 5 official controllers and its always the sticks that go. Either stops being able to run or it just doesn't move in a certain direction due to the contacts going. I don't really over use them either. My Pro V2 controller has just started doing it.

I'm going for the Razer Raiju or the new Nacon Revolution Pro 2 next (when it comes out).

V F

V F

Soldato
I've been through 5 official controllers and its always the sticks that go. Either stops being able to run or it just doesn't move in a certain direction due to the contacts going. I don't really over use them either. My Pro V2 controller has just started doing it.

I'm going for the Razer Raiju or the new Nacon Revolution Pro 2 next (when it comes out).

Hmm, I've never had issues with the sticks. Though those wired controllers put me off due to lack of stick swapouts. Though I do like how you can customize the sensitivity zones in the Razer?

LzR

LzR

Associate
Definitely play Uncharted 4 first, it's probably not vital to the storyline but it's an excellent game and will give you the background of one of the characters. Play 1-3 if you haven't already too, they're all brilliant.
Thanks for the advice, have indeed just started Uncharted 4 and will wait until I've completed it before going ahead with Lost Legacy :)

Associate
Hmm, I've never had issues with the sticks. Though those wired controllers put me off due to lack of stick swapouts. Though I do like how you can customize the sensitivity zones in the Razer?

I honestly can't make sense of it myself, must be how I use them or something but I don't do anything different to say xbox pads or the ps3 pads and never had an issue with those. I bought a load of spare contact rings because I head four pads (5th had L3 run button issue) with dodgy sticks. Fixed them OK but they go again. May be just certain games I play a lot of. Only had rubber come off one and that was a launch PS4 pad. If I get a Nacon and it does the same then I know its how I use them.

Razer pad is great but is really highly priced. Good options though like you say. The Nacon 2 is good but has a domed right stick which I don't like, at least they should have fixed the sensitivity issue from the Nacon 1 though.

LzR

LzR

Associate
The controllers just seem uber cheap to me, both thumbsticks in my bundled controller are wonky, the left one is leaning back and the right one leaning forward. My second controller the left thumbstick is leaning left and the controller seems to have different material to the other and a slightly different colour, not great.

Back
Top Bottom