*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

LzR

LzR

Associate
Having an issue with my console wondering if anyone can help/advise. The hard drive seems to be constantly seeking even on the dashboard. It's clicking/chattering and can be heard over the game I'm playing. Duff hard drive or just something that happens? My other console is fine...

Thanks

Soldato
Having an issue with my console wondering if anyone can help/advise. The hard drive seems to be constantly seeking even on the dashboard. It's clicking/chattering and can be heard over the game I'm playing. Duff hard drive or just something that happens? My other console is fine...

Thanks
Typical sign that your hard drive is gonna fail any moment

Soldato
I remember years ago we used to have regular FIFA tournaments on OCUK (I'm fairly certain some of you used to play in them, Andybtsn?!). Do these still pop up on occasions? I'd quite like to get back into 1v1 FIFA again this time around, the last couple of years I've focused specifically on clubs.

I tired to get it getting again but @Andybtsn was too scared :p

Don
I remember years ago we used to have regular FIFA tournaments on OCUK (I'm fairly certain some of you used to play in them, Andybtsn?!). Do these still pop up on occasions? I'd quite like to get back into 1v1 FIFA again this time around, the last couple of years I've focused specifically on clubs.

Yeah I used to organise them and I remember playing you. That was before kids came along and Fifa became more of a chore than a hobby, I've still only played several games in the past couple of months.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I used to organise them and I remember playing you. That was before kids came along and Fifa became more of a chore than a hobby, I've still only played several games in the past couple of months.

I think a more serious answer is WL takes up everyone's Fifa time on a weekend. Through the week most people are either getting on with real life or testing out teams for the next weekend.

And yeah if diva can beat me then I may ask well retire

You not playing Fifa 18 then Andy?

Don
Yeah, I must admit my life has been so much more enjoyable when I stopped playing the WL...I think my wife and kids appreciate seeing me too :D

I don't know if I'll be able to resist for long once 18 comes out! It's still pre-ordered but I am genuinely worried I don't like it, I went from playing 17 every night for 8 months to now not being able to stand the game, hopefully a fresh start with 18 and revitalises my love for the game. I go on hols on 24th Sep so miss the early release I paid for too.

Soldato
Mates, is it possible to transfer save data between PS4s just by using a pendrive? Will it work or is the data somehow tied to my account? I might be migrating to the Pro soon and I don't want to lose my TLoU progress. I don't use Plus, don't have any digital downloads and I'll be making a new account on the Pro, I just want to copy my saves.
Sorry for the stupid question but I couldn't find a clear answer, everywhere I looked it just says you can migrate everything between consoles using an ethernet cable or cloud sync but I'll be selling my console beforehand.

Caporegime
I don't think you can copy saves between accounts. They're linked to your PSN ID so you don't cheat on trophies and things. If you don't have a PSN ID now then "upgrade" your current user ID on the console to a PSN ID and then you will be able to log in with that on your Pro and use the same saves.

(I forgot to mention, yes you can use a USB pendrive to copy the saves between consoles.)

Last edited:
Soldato
Mates, is it possible to transfer save data between PS4s just by using a pendrive? Will it work or is the data somehow tied to my account? I might be migrating to the Pro soon and I don't want to lose my TLoU progress. I don't use Plus, don't have any digital downloads and I'll be making a new account on the Pro, I just want to copy my saves.
Sorry for the stupid question but I couldn't find a clear answer, everywhere I looked it just says you can migrate everything between consoles using an ethernet cable or cloud sync but I'll be selling my console beforehand.

Can you get a free trial or just buy one month of plus to enable the cloud saving and then once you have your new console and the saves download cancel it?

Soldato
Thanks for the help, guys:) So you can transfer saves between consoles via a pendrive but they just won't work on a different account? Bummer:/

Yeah, I might just get a Plus subscription or use an Ethernet cable to transfer all the stuff and flog my old console afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom