*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Raindrop, there really shouldn't be a problem providing you are using a bog standard PSN account. You don't need to buy a PS+ sub if you have a USB pendrive.

Ah, great, thanks. I'll read about it some more as I still have some time before I buy the Pro. I've imported a used copy of Yakuza 6 from Japan as I wanted to have it in the original language but it'll be here in about two weeks:p No point in starting on the base model as it runs like a** on it so I might as well grab the Pro after the game arrives.

Soldato
Raindrop, there really shouldn't be a problem providing you are using a bog standard PSN account. You don't need to buy a PS+ sub if you have a USB pendrive.

I only suggested the PS+ route as he intended to sell the old PS4 first, but as you suggested usb drive is the simplest way.

Soldato
Well, I don't really mind selling it later but if all I need to make the saves work is too keep my account and use it on the Pro, then a pendrive seems the way to go as I really don't have a lot to transfer.

Soldato
Well, I don't really mind selling it later but if all I need to make the saves work is too keep my account and use it on the Pro, then a pendrive seems the way to go as I really don't have a lot to transfer.

The Ethernet cable transfer is useful as it'll save you reinstalling your games and downloading patches etc.

May not be an issue if you have a decent connection but I'll be moving to a new house soon and am going from fibre to approx 3MB so downloading all my digital stuff, plus saves and patches will be much easier directly if I get a Pro.

Is nice we have so many options, can't even back up my Zelda save on Switch...

Associate
If I wanted to upgrade the hard drive in my pro to something larger, what options are available? I've seen a Seagate 2TB SSHD for £83.99 - any good? Anything better or bigger?

Soldato
My connection is pretty good but I'll hardly have anything to redownload, just need to reinstall TLOU, Horizon and Yakuza 0.

I've made sure I remember my account data etc. and I'm copying my saves at the moment.
I guess I'm ready to sell after I delete my profile and wipe all the data.

Caporegime
Soldato
I have a firecuda 2tb inside mine tbh its not much better than stock if you play a lot of different games. Best option is to use an external USB 3.5" 7200rpm drive. I have a 4TB one and it gives great results

Soldato
If you want to go for something >2TB internally then SSD is the only option due to the physical size of the drive, but you know how much 3TB+ SSD's are.
There are instructions on "modifying the chassis" to get physically larger drives in, however if you really want more than 2TB then I do feel the external drive option is far better.
I have a 2TB Firecuda, loads of space, quick & quiet.

Soldato
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted Collection
Uncharted 4
Bloodborne
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Nier: Automata
Nioh
Resogun
Wipeout
Persona 5
Infamous
God of War

Should keep you going for a while :)

Soldato
Lack of 3D Blu Ray support is the reason I didn't jump onto PS4 soon after release. At the time I was buying them for home viewing. Seemed to take them ages to add what is, a relatively easy feature.
Anyway, of no interest to me now - decided that I don't mind a 3D movie at the cinema, but cannot be bothered with it at home.
But as above, it has been a feature for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom