*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Can anyone tell me whether it's worth upgrading from a PS4 slim to a PS4 Pro? There are some really good deals on the Pro at the moment, I could sell any bundled games and my PS4 slim and probably end up paying around £100 to upgrade to the Pro. For that sort of money is it worth it? I've got a good 4k TV by the way.

I'm just about to do exactly that. All of the game comparisons I have seen look like night and day when you're running them on a 4k TV, but I'll hopefully soon see this for myself.

Don
I went from an Xbox 360 but I have a standard PS4 in the house, I think it revitalised my love for gaming when I got it last Xmas a long with a funky new TV. I have mine under my desk so I rarely hear the noise, granted it was annoying when sat on my desk.

Soldato
Still, I hear the PS4 Pro is a fair bit quieter than the regular/slim (which in itself isn't loud). Can anyone confirm?

I thought the Slim was supposed to be the quietest version? I haven't got a 4k TV so a Pro would be wasted but I just want the version that makes the least noise, especially at idle (netflix etc)

Soldato
All the Black Friday deals seem to be for the Pro so far but as I don't intend on buying a 4k TV anytime soon I can't really justify the extra.

Hopefully someone will do a deal on the slim, ideally around the £150 mark.

V F

V F

Soldato
I went from an Xbox 360 but I have a standard PS4 in the house, I think it revitalised my love for gaming when I got it last Xmas a long with a funky new TV. I have mine under my desk so I rarely hear the noise, granted it was annoying when sat on my desk.

It done that for me in Christmas 2015 and here I’m still loving it including back to PC gaming.

Soldato
So it turns out my new pro has coil whine. It's quite annoying when the room is silent, although it's drowned out as soon as I turn the sound on. Haven't checked whether it does it during blurays, but if it does it goes back. If not, I guess I'll live with it.

Don
Soldato
unbelievable, got my PS4 Pro back ( which is around 50 days old after the disc drive didnt work ) its come back damaged, like its been dropped on the corner and the message in the box was "after exhaustive testing and updating the firmware we couldnt find a fault) bearing in mind i had already re flashed the latest software prior to sending. Anyway, booted it up prompted with an update and the drive still doesnt work. Fumin isn't the word and im awaiting a call back and feedback from the repairs centre. Absolute joke, i want a new console.

Soldato
£199 with Fifa, GT and a Playlink game looks to be as good as it will get:
https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4HW307-ps4-slim-500gb-fifa-18-gran-turismo-sport

or £199 at argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7543797

Not great is it considering the 1TB slim was going for $199 in the US. Thanks for looking though.

I did order a Pro last night when Currys kept messing up their pricing for Black Friday (Pro with 5 games and extra controller for £229 :D ) but not surprisingly they cancelled all the orders.

Don
unbelievable, got my PS4 Pro back ( which is around 50 days old after the disc drive didnt work ) its come back damaged, like its been dropped on the corner and the message in the box was "after exhaustive testing and updating the firmware we couldnt find a fault) bearing in mind i had already re flashed the latest software prior to sending. Anyway, booted it up prompted with an update and the drive still doesnt work. Fumin isn't the word and im awaiting a call back and feedback from the repairs centre. Absolute joke, i want a new console.

I never trust sending anything back for support purposes, I sent my Dell Laptop back a while back and recorded each part of it on video to ensure if they scratched it I could prove it was fine before hand. Shocking you have to do this really.

Caporegime
Not great is it considering the 1TB slim was going for $199 in the US. Thanks for looking though.

I did order a Pro last night when Currys kept messing up their pricing for Black Friday (Pro with 5 games and extra controller for £229 :D ) but not surprisingly they cancelled all the orders.
What I don't get is why they won't bundle a PS4 with their PS4 exclusive games? Why it has to be CoD, etc... I would have bitten on a Pro for £300 with 3 PS4 exclusives to go with it (such as HZD). No interest whatsoever in generic multi-plat shooter 271385.

Caporegime
What I don't get is why they won't bundle a PS4 with their PS4 exclusive games? Why it has to be CoD, etc... I would have bitten on a Pro for £300 with 3 PS4 exclusives to go with it (such as HZD). No interest whatsoever in generic multi-plat shooter 271385.

+1

No interest whatsoever in games I have already played or/and are complete **** anyway.

Either way, with the xb1x soundly beating the pro now, I wouldn't be surprised to see Sony speed up the PS 5 launch date now....

Soldato

They do, when those exclusives are new. The time to sell big-name games in console bundles is around release time, not 6 months down the line.

Back
Top Bottom