*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Might be the graphics chip, check the connection on the back to HDMI, is it loose or damaged?

Try holding down the power button for 7 seconds. Unplug then replug first so it's a fresh start.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Interesting new rumours last night about PS5. Some third party devs already have the PS5 dev kit. I put 2+2 together and get that the PS5 launch date is whenever Sony said they would stop including PS3 games on PS+ and replace them with PS5 games instead. So what was that date, March 2019 or something? :D

Soldato
Interesting new rumours last night about PS5. Some third party devs already have the PS5 dev kit. I put 2+2 together and get that the PS5 launch date is whenever Sony said they would stop including PS3 games on PS+ and replace them with PS5 games instead. So what was that date, March 2019 or something? :D

And yet nobody is expecting an announcement before 2020 with a 2021 release.
I mean personally, not bothered when it comes out. If it's got full backwards compatibility then I'll buy once I'm ready - still got lots of PS4 games I've already bought to play and there is a massive library of games I haven't.
If there is no backwards compatibility - as above, I've got loads of PS4 stuff still to do and I'll move to PS5 once it's a couple of years mature.

Soldato
Firmware 5.50 allowed me to clean my library up - much needed. Dump all the junk, demos and PS+ stuff I'll never play. I really don't know what I try some of the PS+ games, most of the stuff I try I last 5 - 10 mins max and just go nah, not for me

And being able to clean up Notifications is cool.

Not the most impressive update but had some features I could use.

Caporegime
Do you guys think it's worth purchasing a second PS4 console for the purpose of playing local co-op once a month, or is that a bit overkill for a something that'll get used once per month?

If you're not already on PS4 Pro, I'd get one of them and keep your old PS4 for your co-op. If you only want a normal PS4, get a second hand one?

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a remote control for the PS4 when playing DVDs and Blu-rays? I looked on the official site, and there doesn't seem to be an official one there but is there something else I can use? I have no idea how to use the gamepad to control DVD and Blu-ray playback.

Soldato
Neither are made by Sony, but both are official licensed products.
The "Official Universal Media Remote" is the one I have. Was very disappointed with it coming from a PS3 with a similar device. This one feels a lot cheaper and it goes through batteries quite quickly.
I needed a remote, and I wanted one that could actually switch the PS4 on, so that limited my choice. I live with it.
The PDP Media Remote is newer, however as you'll see has less features (buttons). I've not seen one, but it looks a nicer device so long as it does everything you need it to.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there is a remote control for the PS4 when playing DVDs and Blu-rays? I looked on the official site, and there doesn't seem to be an official one there but is there something else I can use? I have no idea how to use the gamepad to control DVD and Blu-ray playback.

Most TVs can control it if you have HDMI control turned on, meaning you just use the controls on your TV remote (assuming it has them).

Soldato
Some good deals on games on PSN at the moment. I'm quite fancying a space sim - should I get No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous (with expansions)?
True that!! Hard not to spend a small fortune when they throw up a sale.

Very tempted by Shadow of Mordor GOTY , Divinity original sin or Viking wolves of Midgard!!!

Back
Top Bottom