*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
When you preorder a game from the store, do they all have a preload date? I’m wondering if I can download Shadow of the Colossus yet. (My PS4 is not connected to check atm.)
Usually you get to download 24-48hrs early, not always but I cannot remember the last time this wasn't the case.
You'll have the option to download it from the PS Store. Remember the game remains locked until release date.

Caporegime
Usually you get to download 24-48hrs early, not always but I cannot remember the last time this wasn't the case.
You'll have the option to download it from the PS Store. Remember the game remains locked until release date.

Thanks, so it should be good to go. Only 28 hours left.

EDIT: Or not. Looks like it doesn’t come out til Wednesday! I thought it was Tuesday. Disappointing.

Last edited:
Associate
J2NA FHNG EQ3L- spare code for the new beta update which contains the supersampling option for PS4 Pro and a few other things.

Soldato
hmmn, logged on today to go and buy shadow of the collosus but it's gone up from it's preorder price of 29.99 to 34.99!! I hate to preorder and I only buy digital now, for various reasons. Yes, it's only a fiver difference but i'm putting my foot down and now will wait until it's on sale. Really bad form from sony for pushing the price up on release day like that...probably in the wake of such great reviews :(

Soldato
hmmn, logged on today to go and buy shadow of the collosus but it's gone up from it's preorder price of 29.99 to 34.99!! I hate to preorder and I only buy digital now, for various reasons. Yes, it's only a fiver difference but i'm putting my foot down and now will wait until it's on sale. Really bad form from sony for pushing the price up on release day like that...probably in the wake of such great reviews :(
It's £24 for prime members on Amazon.

Soldato
Slice, Dice and Rice Launches February 14 for PS4 in the West

Arc System Works announced it will release Slice, Dice and Rice for the PlayStation 4 on February 14 in the west.

View a trailer of the game below:

Here is an overview of the game:
Slice, Dice and Rice, created by Polish developer, Dojo Games, is a unique fighting game that has you dancing along the blade’s edge for survival! It revolves around the idea of finding an opening in opponents defense and ending the round with a single, clean hit.

Gone are the tedious hit points – each scratch impairs your movement, every wound might be your last. When the next attack might be the one that does you in, the tension never stops! Slice, Dice and Rice is perfect for the discerning fighting game fan who is looking for something a little different.

Key Features:

• Easy to Play, Hard to Master – An intuitive set of basic abilities removes the need for memorizing inputs and move-lists, while retaining strategic complexity.
  • Stylized Graphics – Winning never looked so good! Slick, comic book like graphics make the action pop.
  • Six Unique Stages – Battle across an alternative version of the Japanese underground.
  • Eight Distinct Fighters – Choose one of eight characters, all with their own stories and unique fighting styles.
  • Parry and Clash – Blocking is for the passive. Take the fight to the enemy!

Space Adventure Game Downward Spiral: Horus Station announced for PS4

Independent game studio 3rd Eye Studios has announced zero-gravity space adventure game Downward Spiral: Horus Station for the PlayStation 4 and Windows PC. It will also have optional support for the PlayStation VR, Oculus Touch, HTC Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality. The game will launch this spring.

View the announcement trailer below:

Here is an overview of the game:

Downward Spiral: Horus Station lures players through a lost vessel abandoned by its crew. Solving the mystery of the space station will take wits and ingenuity as you fight or avoid dangers unknown. Use the ship’s maintenance hardware – like bolt throwers, rail guns, and arc welders to take out threats, solve puzzles and find the truth of why Horus Station has been left drifting in space.

Downward Spiral: Horus Station’s focus will be heavy on environmental storytelling, as the game features no dialogue or cinematics. Instead, players will have to piece together the plot through observation and interpretation as they navigate the derelict space station, accompanied by the electronic ambient soundtrack composed by platinum selling HIM frontman Ville Valo.

Additionally, 3rd Eye Studios is introducing an innovative control system that rethinks how movement works in zero-gravity. Rather than just float, players will have to push themselves off of the environment to propel themselves forward, or use tools just as they would in deep space.

The game also features a raft of options for how to experience it. Not only is it playable on both a regular screen and VR headset, the game is also playable in two player co-op, allowing players to explore the Horus Station’s deceptively immaculate, retro-futurist decor as an investigative duo. There’s also the option to entirely remove combat from the campaign for those who wish to soak up the story without enemies. In addition to Horus Station’s story campaign, there’s eight-player PvP and PvE multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Horde and Survivor challenges.

Back
Top Bottom