• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I can see the monthly free games being just rehash of old additions to Now or the extra sub so will add little to no value for most people

Probably the more important news will be the monthly additions to the extra catalogue which is what Gamespass turned into where everyone hates the monthly free xbox live gold games but love the new additions to GP

it'll be interesting to see how sony does with new games adding to the extra sub is it going to be monthly or will it be longer

Soldato
I just use a 2TB Samsung QVO drive, cheap as chips as it only runs PS4 games which have load speeds throttled by the system anyway. That's connected to a USB 3.0 port on the back via a Sabrent USB to SATA adapter cable.
Must look it up. Its more for moving and transferring data on and off the 2 internal ssds.

Caporegime
Early leak for PS Essentials (Plus) for July: Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time, The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan, Arcadegeddon (PS5 / PS4)

From the source with 100% track record.

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan is on Extra so a duplication but one benefit is that you'll always be able to play as long as you have a sub where as Extra games will be rotated out and the license taken away from you when it does.

Let's hope they have sorted their licensing out. If I add Dark Pictures as an Extra member, will it let me play it in the future if I drop down to an Essentials member? It should do but this is Sony. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Was playing Fifa the other night and noticed that my R2 button was constantly pressed on despite no applied pressure. Did some googling and turned out it was a common problem with the springs inside the controller breaking. Ordered a repair kit from Amazon and low and behold the spring had snapped. Surprised that these joy pads are so flimsy.

Soldato
Was playing Fifa the other night and noticed that my R2 button was constantly pressed on despite no applied pressure. Did some googling and turned out it was a common problem with the springs inside the controller breaking. Ordered a repair kit from Amazon and low and behold the spring had snapped. Surprised that these joy pads are so flimsy.
I guess you have to decide on what you consider common. There are what, 20m PS5's in existence - let us say only 10% of those people also bought a second controller, so let us say there are 22m PS5 controllers in the wild.
What are you considering a common fault? 10% - Do we think some 2.2m of these controllers have been faulty? 1% - 220k fault controllers?

For every person who has had a fault, there will be plenty more who haven't.
I have had a faulty unit myself - quick online chat with Amazon and I have an advanced replacement sent out to me. But I don't agree with the sweeping " these controllers are so flimsy".

Soldato
I guess you have to decide on what you consider common. There are what, 20m PS5's in existence - let us say only 10% of those people also bought a second controller, so let us say there are 22m PS5 controllers in the wild.
What are you considering a common fault? 10% - Do we think some 2.2m of these controllers have been faulty? 1% - 220k fault controllers?

For every person who has had a fault, there will be plenty more who haven't.
I have had a faulty unit myself - quick online chat with Amazon and I have an advanced replacement sent out to me. But I don't agree with the sweeping " these controllers are so flimsy".

I've got 2 controllers and always alternate when i play my PS5 so not even considered a heavy user. My friend also has the same issue with one of his controllers and a quick google search reveals that L2/R2 triggers along with the drift stick are the most common problems. I owned my PS4 for launch and never had any issues with my controllers.

Don
Might be worth opening it up to see what the issue is, its surprisingly easier to dismantle the pad to see the L2/R2 triggers. The issue with mine turned out to be a snapped spring.
Been planning to, just haven't yet got round to it :D

I've also a Dualshock 4 to look at, at some point as well, as that's got a trigger that doesn't travel all the way (so things like license tests in Gran Turismo are impossible due to not being able to give 100% throttle)

Don
One of my controllers has has a squeaky R2 trigger since day 1 :(

Still works fine, just slightly annoying

Funnily enough playing Rocket League the other day my right trigger went, no resistance at all. Went on Amazon and got some new springs, 4 quid odd, got a guide off youtube and sorted within a few minutes (spring had snapped). Controller from day 1 and it gets a lot of use so not too bad. I think the left trigger is a bit of a nightmare to get to the spring, you have to remove a lot more of the controller to get to it easily.

Soldato
Funnily enough playing Rocket League the other day my right trigger went, no resistance at all. Went on Amazon and got some new springs, 4 quid odd, got a guide off youtube and sorted within a few minutes (spring had snapped). Controller from day 1 and it gets a lot of use so not too bad. I think the left trigger is a bit of a nightmare to get to the spring, you have to remove a lot more of the controller to get to it easily.
Yes i saw the L2 spring and its not as accessible as the R2 one. I didnt even feel the spring snap on my R2 trigger.

Associate
Am I being dumb!? I'm subscribed to ea play but don't have the option for the F1 2022 trial, it's shown as available in the ea early access trial section, but only the option to buy is available?

Edit :I'll answer my own question, just been onto ea support its a known issue and is being resolved

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nothing been said about new game additions PS+? I know they've done the three for the Essential tier but shouldn't we be getting new games added to the Extra tier about now? And then again in two weeks. Or are they breaking their promise already? :p

EDIT: Stray is coming on 19 July but I expect more than that.

Soldato
Nothing been said about new game additions PS+? I know they've done the three for the Essential tier but shouldn't we be getting new games added to the Extra tier about now? And then again in two weeks. Or are they breaking their promise already? :p

EDIT: Stray is coming on 19 July but I expect more than that.
I believe they only said they would add games to tiers above essential near the middle of each month, one this month is obviously Stray.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom