Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 61.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 52 21.3%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters

Could be tempted but I still wonder how Sony are going to pitch the PS5 Pro.

The PS4 Pro had a purpose in that it was clearly designed to support the 4K TVs that were becoming common. Plus there was a sense at the time that Sony held back on the spec/pricing of the PS4 as it never really felt that cutting edge in that way the other PlayStations have at release. It always seemed like Sony had the pro version planned from the moment they launched the PS4 IMO

Whereas I’m not really seeing the same “need” for an updated PS5 as it was pretty much bleeding edge on launch and it still feels like we haven’t maxed out its capabilities yet.

Last edited:
Could be tempted but I still wonder how Sony are going to pitch the console.

The PS4 Pro had a purpose in that it was clearly designed to support the 4K TVs that were becoming common. Plus there was a sense at the time that Sony held back on the spec/pricing of the PS4 as it never really felt that cutting edge in that way the other PlayStations have at release. It always seemed like Sony had the pro version planned from the moment they launched the PS4 IMO

Whereas I’m not really seeing the same “need” for an updated ps5 as it was pretty much bleeding edge on launch and it still feels like we haven’t maxed out its capabilities yet.

With zero 1st party titles to demonstrate it's need.

Having said that I’m enough of a chronic Sony pony fanboy that I’ll probably buy it regardless even if it’s only a minor upgrade :D

My PS5 is pretty much my only gaming platform so it likely won’t be hard for me to justify upgrading!

Put it this way. If Sony can’t sell me on the system tomorrow they’re in real trouble…!

Last edited:
I';d rather buy a switch 2 than a ps5 pro.

I bought the ps4 pro day one, but I dont see even a 1% chance that the Pro is worth getting when I play 1 or 2 PS5 games per year
Yeah it's my pcs turn to get a GPU upgrade later this year rather than a Pro.

The PS5 as it is is fine for me for what's out there at the moment.

I';d rather buy a switch 2 than a ps5 pro.

I bought the ps4 pro day one, but I dont see even a 1% chance that the Pro is worth getting when I play 1 or 2 PS5 games per year
Even if you play 10 games a year it's likely still going to be a hard sell. Slightly higher dynamic resolution or slightly higher uncapped framerates is still not a game changer imo

It’s kind of shocking that even 4 years after its release the ps5 still retails for just as much as it did at launch in 2020 ~£480.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the PS5 Pro is nearer £700 by the time you spec it with a disc drive!
£480 was what I also picked the Slim up on release last year.

Guess the best you can say is it was inflation proof.

It's definitely the ps5 pro announcement; though Sony's article does not specify the ps5 pro, a locked and hidden video has been uploaded to the PlayStation YouTube channel titled "ps5 pro"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom