Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
The Dolby Vision one is a strange suggestion. PS5 is more than capable of doing that at the software level. So, if Sony were interested in adding that feature - it could have been done years ago (MS only had the exclusivity for a year).
Lack of DV support is the reason my PS5 isn't used as my media centre (as my PS4 was).

PSVR2 has soured my appetite for more current-generation PS hardware at this point, their hardware development teams seem to be working in an alternate timeline to their software development and publishing teams and I'm not champing at the bit to pay another £500 for kit which Sony won't then follow up with software to make the best of it.

I'm not going to say I'm never getting one, but as it stands the PS5 isn't struggling in games the way the PS4 was at this same point in its life so as others have said (and as I know I've said before on here), I just don't feel compelled to get one. If they're able to address issues the PS4 Pro had, specifically the varying level of support it received after release and the frankly quite poor support it received on games already released it will be a more appealing offer, but my concern is that, as with PSVR2, the lack of first-party support means we won't often get to see what it can actually do.

It’s kind of shocking that even 4 years after its release the ps5 still retails for just as much as it did at launch in 2020 ~£480.

Yeah because they increased the RRP last year and done it recently in Japan.

Ha! They increased the RRP for the controller in the US with immediate effect last week.

So much for consoles getting cheaper as the generation ages......

Last edited:
I will probably end up getting one once I see some of the games that I've played get a good performance boost for example I would like to think this would be capable of playing Destiny 2 at 120fps at all times.

Maybe not gonna announce prices and availability?

Edit - oh they did - November 7th - £700 smackers. :eek:

Edit 2 - would have been good to know the CPU, GPU and RAM specs. Hopefully there will be a press release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom