Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
I'm genuinely in awe of that price, £600-650 was my guess. I suppose the fortunate thing is that unlike their last staggeringly expensive hardware release, PSVR2 (that it got no mention in the video tells you a lot) it should be fairly easy for developers to add some level of support for it in future games. As with PS4 Pro though, I think anyone pinning their hopes on every game in their existing catalogue to be revitalised by it will be sorely disappointed.

New PC GPU for me next year then.

£700 PS5 Pro will be the best way to play GTA 6 when it launches so I’m in.

I'm in my late 30s, time absolutely flies by so as much as I'll want to play GTA6 at launch if it's a less-than-ideal experience on the base PS5, I'll just make consider a PS6 game instead. There won't be long to wait.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out for them. Selling "moar graphics!" with no drive at £699 doesn't seem like a good decision. I was day one for PS4 Pro but I'll be giving this a miss and just keep on the PC upgrade treadmill.

I'm genuinely in awe of that price, £600-650 was my guess. I suppose the fortunate thing is that unlike their last staggeringly expensive hardware release, PSVR2 (that it got no mention in the video tells you a lot) it should be fairly easy for developers to add some level of support for it in future games. As with PS4 Pro though, I think anyone pinning their hopes on every game in their existing catalogue to be revitalised by it will be sorely disappointed.

New PC GPU for me next year then.

I'm in my late 30s, time absolutely flies by so as much as I'll want to play GTA6 at launch if it's a less-than-ideal experience on the base PS5, I'll just make consider a PS6 game instead. There won't be long to wait.
Aye. I mugged myself off with GTAV on PS3/4 and 5 and I have still yet to finish the main campaign. I'll sit on it till the 6 releases.

Need to see some scores from Digital Foundry but what on earth has happened here - I was expecting a slight bump in the CPU performance to help the hefty GPU but alas no. Sony getting slaughtered on social media and rightly so.
Maybe they didn't mention it because it's only a 10% uplift.

I assume the same disc drive for the slims will fit in these?

lol after trashing it I’m doing mental math, how much can I get for my base ps5 and how much extra it would cost no no no don’t even entertain it

Back
Top Bottom