Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
I’ve just done a search and apparently Very has them in stock at £19.99 each.

Can only buy 2 at a time, so I’ve pulled the trigger.

I’m skeptical they are in stock or if they are they will be returns where people have swapped new with old and returned, ala Argos style.

Let’s see what happens……..

I’ve just done a search and apparently Very has them in stock at £19.99 each.

Can only buy 2 at a time, so I’ve pulled the trigger.

I’m skeptical they are in stock or if they are they will be returns where people have swapped new with old and returned, ala Argos style.

Let’s see what happens……..
I don’t think very are going to scam you, and sell you returned / opened products.

Fair enough, I think we're working with different budgets because I'm not spending £800 on a GPU either. My current PC is mostly 6 years old aside from the 3060Ti and it's only recently that I've started needing DLSS to help it along at 1440p. I'm genuinely interested to see what the PS5 can do across all games but currently the only point of reference is the support the PS4 Pro received and it wasn't entirely impressive, but then it didn't cost the earth either. The PS5 Pro needs to seriously deliver to justify its pricetag.

Only the unnecessary ones (though I do partly wish I still had my old PS1):

y7EPtn9h.jpg
Lovely setup mate. I've always loved the PS2 design. I just think it looks so cool, even to this day.

So much for the "PS5 Pro is gonna be a RTX4090" crowd of fanboys on Twitter

Digital Foundry has confirmed that Alan Wake 2 and AC: Shadows have a resolution of 864p when running at 60fps on the PS5 Pro

Gran Turismo 7 when on an 8k screen appears to be 1080p upscaled with pssr to 8k.

also, early comparison shows PSSR is better than FSR but no as good as DLSS

Last edited:
So much for the "PS5 Pro is gonna be a RTX4090" crowd of fanboys on Twitter

Digital Foundry has confirmed that Alan Wake 2 and AC: Shadows have a resolution of 864p when running at 60fps on the PS5 Pro

Gran Turismo 7 when on an 8k screen appears to be 1080p upscaled with pssr to 8k.

Surely no-one was that stupid as to think the PS5 Pro would be competing with a 4090...

Where did DF confirm those resolutions? The Alan Wake 2 res is the same as it runs on PS5 currently, so is that them just doubling the FPS at the same settings?

Good that PSSR is better than FSR, that was always the 'base' goal - but if it can beat XeSS and be close to DLSS then it's a strong starting point.

I still don't think it's worth 700 to me but I'm not the audience, I like my PS5 and use it for exclusives and anything that needs more grunt I play on my PC.

This is key to how much of an upgrade the PS5 Pro will be : just how effective is PSSR versus other AI upscalers eg. XeSS, DLSS, FSR ? My logic is, if it was that good, Sony would be singing it from the rooftops, and the "technical" brief from Cerny would have given us actual technical details with examples. But ... it didn't, so I'm inclined to believe it's in the ballpark of FSR ie. poor IQ and inferior to DLSS.

Last edited:
Surely no-one was that stupid as to think the PS5 Pro would be competing with a 4090...
Plenty of Sony loyalists on social media were, or rather they had expectations of performance that exceeded what even a 4090 could bring to the table. Some people just have their head in the clouds ...

Dear god, feel like I wasted £21 buying Ass Creed Valhalla.

I have just come from spending some 620hrs in Fallout 4. An old game where every area is different visually, every area has something going on and the visuals are spot on and not washed out.

I am no stranger to the AC games, especially having finished Origin and Odyssey twice however Valhalla feels like a complete slog...and I am just 2hrs in with a gametime of 7hrs played. Literally 80% of my time is spent running through the very same forests/vegetation that is ripped out of Odyssey. The English 'countryside' just looks the same wherever I go right now, as I am in the very early stages.

I just did a quest to free a region called Grantsbridge or something. This quest took me absolutely ages. Then at the end I am required to talk to 3 key clan members, so no problem I thought as I looked around town expecting to find them. I eventually give up and look on the map - they are MILES away outside of town all 3 spread out. So off I go on a journey through the same environments etc and have to help each of them. I was shattered by the end and this is just one quest.

Valhalla seems to have the weirdest lighting that featured in Origins and Ody. Indoor areas are pitch black dark half the time, and whilst outdoors the skylighting seems to randomly change from dusk to night etc very quickly without transition. Someone tell me that this game isn't a bigger, bloated version of Odyssey because I seem to be playing just that!

It is a much bigger, bloated version of Odyssey without the cool ship battles. I got to the end but my god it is a slog to get there. 80-90 hours minimum.

When I first played it I pretty much ignored side quests but I was so under levelled at the last fight I had to go back and do them anyway to raise my power level.

The latest AC game Mirage is a much shorter game and more enjoyable for it.

Last edited:
It is a much bigger, bloated version of Odyssey without the cool ship battles. I got to the end but my god it is a slog to get there. 80-90 hours minimum.

The latest AC game Mirage is a much shorter game and more enjoyable for it.
That does it for me then. I wish we had a Steam refund system in place for moments like this. I purchased CoD: MW2 Remastered immediately after buying Valhalla because the intro bits in Norway alone were boring me to death. I'll just go and frustrate myself with that game and its insta spawning grenades I guess!

Pretty underwhelming presentation overall, like it was slapped together very quickly - was hoping for some more exclusives to go along with it.
I am quite surprised at the price of the Pro, given there's no disc drive and what appears to be a significant but not next-gen GPU boost - I was expecting £600 ish.
So I understand the flak they're getting - but at the same time, I think context is sorely needed - people routinely blow £1k+ every 2 years (amortised or not) on a phone that's marginally better than their last (and the only real value they get is using the camera) without batting an eyelid, people routinely lease cars for £300+ a month, etc. GPUs, well, everything is way more expensive than it used to be. So I'm not offended by the price, just the lack of disc drive...though I'm aware that people who buy physical games/movies are a dying breed.

I'm glad to see Sony admitting that 30fps is nonsense.

I'll probably buy one because I will get loads of use out of it so it's cheap in per-hour terms and I'm fortunate that the upfront price isn't an issue, but I'd like to see more confirmation of how many older games will get boosted to 60fps.
For example I just tried playing the Crash Bandicoot trilogy remake, unbelievably was 30fps so just deleted it after a few painful levels.

I wonder if the lack of games being shown in detail is not just because it's very hard to show off over the internet the differences but also because there aren't that many games ready. I can imagine there is a huge last minute effort on AC:Shadows as they get closer to release and any PS5 Pro version isn't Ubisoft's top priority. I also wonder if this 840p news is again something to do with the two games in question and how they were presented. Although Remedy games have always been demanding and brought consoles to their knees (i.e. Control on PS4/XBO).

How PSSR performs and uptake of older games being improved is going to be critical for PS5 Pro. And unfortunately we won't really know anything until this thing is out.

Back
Top Bottom