Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Soul reaver remasters sound great, but they looked really rubbish!
Astrobot free DLC, yes please.
HZD remaster for £10, good deal.
Ghost of Yotei, looks good.

Everything else was just "Age of the Dragon blade warriors dynasty chronicles hunters"

No Spider-man 2 DLC and no 30th Anniversary stuff pricing (with less than 36 hours to go!).

rp2000

Soul reaver remasters sound great, but they looked really rubbish!
Astrobot free DLC, yes please.
HZD remaster for £10, good deal.
Ghost of Yotei, looks good.

Everything else was just "Age of the Dragon blade warriors dynasty chronicles hunters"

No Spider-man 2 DLC and no 30th Anniversary stuff pricing (with less than 36 hours to go!).

rp2000
They needed a remake, there is only so much spit and polish can do for 25 year old games.

Disappointing showing tbh on the whole. But there are a now a couple more titles with a PS5 Pro update which I haven't played yet and are in my backlog.

Edit: Interesting about no 30th Anniversary PS5 Pro pricing. I'm not even considering getting one of those though, the idea of attaching a pure white external disc drive to the Anniversary edition is just hideous. I honestly don't know what Sony were thinking.

Last edited:
Pretty poor offering, but then that was what I expected. Certainly nothing there that's going to make me want to purchase a PS5 Pro within the next year or so.

Disappointing showing tbh on the whole. But there are a now a couple more titles with a PS5 Pro update which I haven't played yet and are in my backlog.

Edit: Interesting about no 30th Anniversary PS5 Pro pricing. I'm not even considering getting one of those though, the idea of attaching a pure white external disc drive to the Anniversary edition is just hideous. I honestly don't know what Sony were thinking.

Guesses going around are £999.99 for the 30th Anni version but these are just guessing but we will see.. Could be about right and of course USA will get $999.99 and rest of the world will subsidise the costs for them as Sony doesn't understand how currency conversion works anymore. :mad:

Last edited:
Ghost of Yotei - well that's literally an insta-seller if I ever saw one! Never really played a LEGO game properly so the Horizon Adventures game looks comical fun!

Just waking up and slowly working my way through SoP from last night. IIRC, didn't Sony state last year not to expect too much in the way of serious titles or IP's or something for 2024?

They come with a matching cover plate to cover the disc drive

As Armageus said, it comes with side plate to cover the optical drive if you wish to add a optical drive after purchase.

Underwhelming to say the least interested about Ghost of Yotei and I might pickup the HZD upgrade. Really is the generation of the reboot!
Yup see I loved horizon zero dawn was a 10/10 and got the plat.

It’s still beautiful to look at now. It’s another game that doesn’t well least imo need a new version.

The Lego version looks like silly fun and mostly there games are so I may get that but not right away

I am really loving this constantly updated image on Twitter at the moment

GYRpltRXgAEI8iC

Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered is also coming to the PC...!?!?
I'm confused...!?!
It came out on the PC 4 years ago...!?!?
What could they possibly remaster for the PC!?!?! Added more voice work.....yeah....but that could have been bonus DLC!?!!? :confused:

Last edited:
Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered is also coming to the PC...!?!?
I'm confused...!?!
It came out on the PC 4 years ago...!?!?
What could they possibly remaster for the PC!?!?! Added more voice work.....yeah....but that could have been bonus DLC!?!!? :confused:
Maybe the assets from the more recent game is getting backported i.e. it'll look more modern. Seems weird to get a remaster on PC though.

Just waking up and slowly working my way through SoP from last night. IIRC, didn't Sony state last year not to expect too much in the way of serious titles or IP's or something for 2024?
They said in their investor call not to expect any 1st party title releases this fiscal year ie. nothing until April 2025 at the earliest. So, I presume Ghost of Yutei will be summer 2025 and Venom will be Fall 2025 ( or could be the other way round ). But that's it until 2026, which is when Wolverine gets released. There will be the odd occasional remaster, 3rd party title ( under contract ) etc but no major IP.

Last edited:
30th Anniversary stuff pricing (with less than 36 hours to go!).

For a brand new £1000 console that’s about to release in less than 24 hours there’s still very little information, specific features or build up around it. Sony’s marketing efforts for the ps5 pro have been truly abysmal IMO. Zero effort.

You almost feel Sony just expect people to buy it by default on the promise there will be new games supporting it at some point in future!

I was intending getting one but I’m left questioning whether it’s even worth it at this point until Sony show us they’ll support the device properly and third parties are genuinely onboard with games to take advantage of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom