Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
There is a virtual queue on direct.playstation.com already, I've joined it, in preparation for 10am local time.

Prices seem reasonable from Australia. 1200 AUD for the 30th anniversary pro bundle seems like the rrp of all the items added together, with no Sony/Nostalgia tax on top!

rp2000

There's a queue for the U.K site too, I'm currently in a waiting room to get in the queue ( 'queue is paused' ). As expected it mentions a 'large volume of customers' . I suspect unless you're in the queue already, your chances are pretty slim to zero.

Last edited:
There's a queue for the U.K site too, I'm currently in a waiting room to get in the queue ( 'queue is paused' ). As expected it mentions a 'large volume of customers' . I suspect unless you're in the queue already, your chances are pretty slim to zero.
The hold message implies everyone is equal in the queue. At 10am everyone in the queue will get assigned a random slot/number.

In theory you could join the queue at 9:59 and still get to the front of the queue

rp2000

There is a virtual queue on direct.playstation.com already, I've joined it, in preparation for 10am local time.

Prices seem reasonable from Australia. 1200 AUD for the 30th anniversary pro bundle seems like the rrp of all the items added together, with no Sony/Nostalgia tax on top!

rp2000
that's 1200 AUD just for the pro lol

Last edited:
I suspect they've activated queue-it early to balance the volume of people looking at the site before actually triggering the queue to start.

We've used queue-it before, it is a really good piece of tech for balancing large site traffic numbers and putting groups into 'pause states'.

I hope they don't make me sign in again... .2FA and all that ...
I think they probably will, likely at the point of checkout if you get to that point.

My bad, it's 1649 AUD which is around 1050 euros.

Unless I'm mistaken it's really cheap, if you want tall the bundles items, even if I ring the 30th anniversary styling.

£850 more or less. Considering the pro is £700 alone.....

rp2000

Basically with UK vat it will be £1000, was wondering what you were on about at $1200 AUD..

Nothing like showing Sony that their practices are poor. Everything will be gone within minutes, all set for the £700 PS6 launch in a few years.

Sat here in their virtual queue ... Will see if I come up lucky and decide to grab one as it is a version I like.. but will see ..I still think it's stupidly priced and of course still need to buy an optical drive for it LOL... Bundle ... without the drive... at least the stand comes with it... :cry:

Last edited:
Exchange rate is almost dead on 2-1. VAT is 10%. Other than cars and beer, everything is currently cheaper in Aus than UK for the first time, felt that when I was back home in August and getting instant currency conversions when paying for stuff with Apple pay. It tends to be around 10%, which si the difference in the tax. New games are $89 on day of release, 45 quid.

Pre-ordered the normal Pro in the country I live.

Can easily cancel if I change my mind.

Im in the queue for the UK 30th Anniversary Model as its not available here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom