Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
I pre-ordered a Dual Sense from Amazon as soon as it went live, had the page bookmarked from last night. I had PS Direct open on my phone and Amazon on my tablet, Amazon's went live first. :)

Do you technically need the stand for the Pro in vertical mode? The base PS5 sat happily on its end on the plates if I recall? (I have mine sat inside a cabinet horizontally).
If you do want a stand just get a third-party one, I've tested two and they were, as far as I could tell, functionally and aesthetically identical to the far more expensive official one.

Pre-ordered the regular Pro, despite being in that queue fairly early I was given a long wait by the Sony's lottery :(. Really wanted that 30th Anniversary edition console, looked lush!

I've grabbed the last in store stand at Currys near me, same place where I'm picking up the disc drive, which is convenient. £125 on items which a Pro model should already have out and in the box! Money grabbing tactics.

I’m just surprised they sold out of PS5 pro’s at that price. Stupid price for not really much of an upgrade tbh.

Not slagging people for buying one if it makes you happy etc but not for me.

I’ll either wait for PS6 or more likely go back to PC gaming if the PS6 price is as daft, which is highly likely.

I've grabbed the last in store stand at Currys near me, same place where I'm picking up the disc drive, which is convenient. £125 on items which a Pro model should already have out and in the box! Money grabbing tactics.

They wouldn't do it if it didn't work. :)

As above, you'd save at least a tenner with an identical third-party stand.

I’m just surprised they sold out of PS5 pro’s at that price. Stupid price for not really much of an upgrade tbh.
Is it really a surprise? People know they're going to be short in supply for a while so it's likely a lot of those that got their pre-order in today are going to be scalping them on ebay. Par for the course these days for almost anything.

The PS5 Pro 30th bundle however whilst expensive less than I thought as the pad alone with it is £220 so your getting that plus a normal pad plus pro some other bits it’s under 1k some how

Scalpers already have them on eBay for 2k plus!

I’m happy getting the slim digital 30th edition will do me fine and tbh I regretted not getting the ps4 anniversary one they did

Last edited:
There are still standard PS5 Pro consoles available on the Sony website if anyone still wants one. I guess some must have cancelled their pre-orders, or perhaps they never sold out ? Not sure, as I wasn't checking the website when I was at work this morning.

There are still standard PS5 Pro consoles available on the Sony website if anyone still wants one. I guess some must have cancelled their pre-orders, or perhaps they never sold out ? Not sure, as I wasn't checking the website when I was at work this morning.
Pre Ordered! I can feel the power already...Oh dear! Hopefully I'll be able to get the disk drive too at some point though 95% of my games are digital. I was going to wait until next year but yolo and fomo both kicked in :D

It's not sold out... PS5 Pro is still available for pre-order even now at 9:30pm lol
Surprised it’s still available. I wonder if the fact Sony didn’t bundle/include a disc drive is also hurting sales as they’re sold out. Maybe some are cancelling orders after finding that they couldn’t get an optical drive.

Daft idea selling a “premium” console without features you get in the cheaper model IMO.

Last edited:
Surprised it’s still available. I wonder if the fact Sony didn’t bundle/include a disc drive is also hurting sales as they’re sold out. Maybe some are cancelling orders after finding that they couldn’t get an optical drive.

The first part maybe, but the disc drive is in stock at John Lewis, HMV, Currys and Argos currently so I doubt being out of stock is an issue

Back
Top Bottom