Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Since games are coming to PC, I’ll probably just move my desktop to the TV and buy a new Zen5 + 5080 since my desktop is around the value of a Pro, but with better performance.

Might be tempted to get the Pro if it comes with a game or something, but for the same price.

I considered that at one time, but I have a game laptop already, and I just prefer the more seamless plug and play aspect of a console.

Scalpers have loads of the PS5 Pro anniversary bundles on Ebay. Yours for a cool £4-5k :mad:
We shouldn't be surprised at this point, it's to be expected.

I also imagine a fair amount of the 'scalpers' were people who wanted one but as soon as they see them going for 5k on eBay it's probably a no brainer. Turn a 4k profit in less than a month without doing a thing? For some people that's an easy decision.

I have had a PS5 since launch and i dont think i have ever come across a lack of games to play. There are even some i have not purchased yet (Spiderman 2) and i still love playing some PS4 games on the console (Just played the Outlast games through) So what if some games are coming to the PC. They tend to be months if not years after the PS launch so they would be considered old games as most PS players would have played them a long time before.

I’m still interested in the ps5 pro but I’m waiting to see if Sony release any more 30th anniversary edition themed ones before picking up a regular one!

Ironically for Sony the whole 30th anniversary edition announcement and limited edition debacle has put me off buying it at launch!

Last edited:
Yup, even the PS4 Pro got a 1GB bump that was used for the OS compared to the PS4.. Its just a poor show all round with this generation, from hardware to the games and the prices of both.
According to the PS5 specs on Wikipedia the PS5 already has 512GB of DDR4 for SSD controller cache. I suspect there was no real need to add slower storage for OS etc. I remember the PS4 was slow in comparison to the new consoles. And PS4 Pro probably had a greater need for the DDR3 they added.

Back
Top Bottom