Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 61.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 52 21.3%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
I spent last night creating a gamelist on my ps5 of all games getting a ps5 pro update that I own - its currently at 19 games which was more than I thought. Hopefully psvr2 gets some love from the devs with pro modes - nms, gt7 and the resi games would be nice starters. It was nice that last descendant got patched as a free game at least everyone has something to try out in pro mode straight away.

I do think the Pro is overpriced but if the game upgrades are substantial enough then I wouldn't rule out me buying one eventually... I have form for saying I'm not gonna buy x and doing so anyway :)

I am keen on physical media though and the lack of an included disc drive and the extra cost to buy one is probably the thing which puts me off the most. I can afford it but I don't like feeling I am being mugged off.

It should have a stand too but I would likely pick up a knock off version for a fiver anyway.

I can only speak for myself, but as good as the Steam Deck is, it's not a great substitute for a home console that plugs into a large TV/OLED. Yes, you can do that with a Steam Deck, but it doesn't really have the horsepower to output 4K graphics and grant good performance. It's very much a portable/handheld device ... which has it's own advantages, but for me if I want to laze on my couch and play a game I'd prefer to be viewing on my 65" OLED.
I totally agree, which is why I still have the ps5 and use it a lot. But the Deck is more of a device that reminds me of the old days of gaming

Back
Top Bottom