Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
I think the only thing that would make me buy a Pro is a new Ape Escape game with RT. Unlikely as the studio went in 2021, but I know many of the developers are now with Team Asobi.
I didn’t know this. Loved the original games and now I’m aware of the connection, can definitely see some of the influences! :)

According to the PS5 specs on Wikipedia the PS5 already has 512GB of DDR4 for SSD controller cache. I suspect there was no real need to add slower storage for OS etc. I remember the PS4 was slow in comparison to the new consoles. And PS4 Pro probably had a greater need for the DDR3 they added.

Maybe, but for the price the PS5 Pro is at compared to the PS4 Pro release price compared to the original PS4, it should have come with 32GB and an optical drive too... ohh and a damn stand.. The pricing still doesn't make sense to me compared to last generation.

Also the jump in performance from a PS4 to PS4 PRO was higher than a PS5 to PS5 PRO too.. Their logic has gone out of the window this generation of PRO model. Anyways Sony will wake up or end up like SEGA in time too, Microsoft clearly looks like it wants out of the hardware console market too, but talking about XBOX handhelds and XBOX on every device.

My first time since Playstation 1 came out I don't own their current device, my PS5 I got on release bricked out of the box and they couldn't replace it (Scalping, Covid, Lockdowns and the world going mad then as we all remember) so they refunded me, then I decided to wait till PS5 Pro as I own every Playstation and was enjoying the PS4 PRO and really didn't like the design of the PS5 when I got it too..

I was hoping also the PS5 Pro would have a new design.. but as we see not really so we are stuck with that.. I will end up with one, when they go on sale or something but at what they are now .. nope... I was going to buy the 30th Anniversary version and talked myself into it as its something special and I will swallow my pride and pay the £960 for it.. But we all know how that went too.. the scalpers got them..

Not having the best of luck with this generation and they are rubbing more salt into peoples wounds too with the prices and games that are over priced too and hardly any new games for this generation.. PS4 remasters all the time and nowhere near the games the PS4 had that were classics and original Sony games.. Anyways mate tired of ranting about this now..it's just been a micky take since the PS5 came out really.

Last edited:
Maybe, but for the price the PS5 Pro is at compared to the PS4 Pro release price compared to the original PS4, it should have come with 32GB and an optical drive too... ohh and a damn stand.. The pricing still doesn't make sense to me compared to last generation....

I know. But I suspect that the need for additional storage was quite low down the priority list. I can imagine PSSR or an evolution of will make it into PS6.

The world has changed since 2016. With no competition and a product that's mainly for the hardcore, stagnant consumer base that they need to extract more profit from the price makes sense. If it doesn't they can quickly backtrack.

I'm not quite the same but I have downsized too in that this is the first generation for a while where I no longer own all 3 platforms. I sold the Series X in June.

Sony will also be using the PS5 Pro bs to test the waters with how much they can screw gamers over for the PS6 and that will easily go for £600+ now...without a stand.

I don't want to go back to the slop that is Windows gaming so I'll stick to the PS5 and likely get a Steam Deck for black friday.

Last edited:
Sony will also be using the PS5 Pro bs to test the waters with how much they can screw gamers over for the PS6 and that will easily go for £600+ now...without a stand.
We've gotta stop mentioning the stand thing, it's just a bit 'Reddit' esque of banging the drum about something that isn't actually true.

The PS5 and PS5 Pro don't need a stand to sit vertically. The included plastic feet are used for it to sit horizontally.

The PS4 could also sit vertically if you wanted - and that didn't come with a stand. You had to buy that dark plastic stand from PlayStation, same for the PS4 Pro.

The original PS3 and then the 'super slim' also didn't come with a stand - both could stand vertically without it.

We can go back and look at the PS2 as well. All of these consoles, out of the box, can sit both vertically and horizontally without the need for the stand - and the only time a console couldn't sit horizontally out of the box, Sony includes a base / plastic feet.

So I don't know much about the PS (I'm mainly an Xbox guy) but with the release of the pro are people expecting older games to run at 120 fps? If it just changes to better graphics with a low fps I wouldn't be interested but if the older games get bumped up to 120 fps I could see that as being something I would be interested in.

I don't want to go back to the slop that is Windows gaming so I'll stick to the PS5 and likely get a Steam Deck for black friday.

Yes this is all part of the plan I don't see a PS6 from the start for less than £700 now and of course no optical drive, stand and maybe no controller too by then (we use to get 2 controllers with every console in the past) so you have to add your own controller, but that's done for your convenience as they will sell it as that way you can pick the colour you want from the start... :rolleyes:

PMJxG73.gif

Remember them ? I'm sure you do.... No one then would ever imagine them failing in the console market and how huge they were...

V3U9wUv.gif

Remember how arrogant they were ?

uLEXM74.jpeg

Seems the Plumber and his pals won that game..

76Mtjpk.gif

kqv1SPD.gif

Last edited:
We've gotta stop mentioning the stand thing, it's just a bit 'Reddit' esque of banging the drum about something that isn't actually true.

The PS5 and PS5 Pro don't need a stand to sit vertically. The included plastic feet are used for it to sit horizontally.

The PS4 could also sit vertically if you wanted - and that didn't come with a stand. You had to buy that dark plastic stand from PlayStation, same for the PS4 Pro.

The original PS3 and then the 'super slim' also didn't come with a stand - both could stand vertically without it.

We can go back and look at the PS2 as well. All of these consoles, out of the box, can sit both vertically and horizontally without the need for the stand - and the only time a console couldn't sit horizontally out of the box, Sony includes a base / plastic feet.

What you forgot to mention is the PS5 models are the only ones that were designed from the start to be vertical and they even recommend it for cooling reasons.. All others were designed to be horizontal first... So an expensive item like a PS5 should come with the vertical stand in the box to stop kids knocking it over or pets etc.. Have you ever seen how excited kids get around consoles ?

What you forgot to mention is the PS5 models are the only ones that were designed from the start to be vertical and they even recommend it for cooling reasons.. All others were designed to be horizontal first... So an expensive item like a PS5 should come with the vertical stand in the box to stop kids knocking it over or pets etc.. Have you ever seen how excited kids get around consoles ?
You don't need a stand for a PS5 to sit vertically. A stand isn't going to stop a child knocking a console over.

My daughter can be a clumsy wally at times, she'd probably be able to tip the tower of pisa over if she wanted.

So all the games that have been announced as getting Pro patches have gone up in price on the PlayStation store and no disc drive as standard. So you either rebuy at inflated prices or have to buy a disc drive for £100 if you have them on disc already.

TBH I really do hope Sony end up as the next Sega but I doubt it will happen. We now live in a world of easily available credit so £700 is available to all. It will just get worse as MS have pretty much given up. I can see the PS6 being and £800+ console.

I think the gaming glory days are long gone now and unfortunately it’s not about the players anymore.

So all the games that have been announced as getting Pro patches have gone up in price on the PlayStation store and no disc drive as standard. So you either rebuy at inflated prices or have to buy a disc drive for £100 if you have them on disc already.

TBH I really do hope Sony end up as the next Sega but I doubt it will happen. We now live in a world of easily available credit so £700 is available to all. It will just get worse as MS have pretty much given up. I can see the PS6 being and £800+ console.

I think the gaming glory days are long gone now and unfortunately it’s not about the players anymore.
Really?
I know the horizon game has gone up so that the upgrade price will match the full price overall. Apart from for the millions of people who claimed it on psn for nothing, like me.

I don't think that's true. I'm sure Sony commented on this in the beginning that the console functions just fine in either orientation.

Some of them will have a footnote stating that the item you're buying is actually a piece of paper with a photo of the PS5 Pro :)
Yup, I saw that ... 2.5 grand for an image, thinking they had scored a "bargain" by not paying 4-5K. Ouch, and eBay aren't bailing them out. Very scummy.

Back
Top Bottom