Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 28 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 150 62.2%
  • No (other)

Votes: 51 21.2%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters
We've gotta stop mentioning the stand thing, it's just a bit 'Reddit' esque of banging the drum about something that isn't actually true.

The PS5 and PS5 Pro don't need a stand to sit vertically. The included plastic feet are used for it to sit horizontally.

The PS4 could also sit vertically if you wanted - and that didn't come with a stand. You had to buy that dark plastic stand from PlayStation, same for the PS4 Pro.

The original PS3 and then the 'super slim' also didn't come with a stand - both could stand vertically without it.

We can go back and look at the PS2 as well. All of these consoles, out of the box, can sit both vertically and horizontally without the need for the stand - and the only time a console couldn't sit horizontally out of the box, Sony includes a base / plastic feet.
While I largely agree, the slight difference is the original PS2 and PS3 had rubber feet on one end specifically for vertical orientation. I'm not really against them doing away with that though, it looks a bit weird when orientated horizontally.

nSgpVFO.jpeg

Just picked up these. I'm doing my part to help Sony's profits, are you? :p

Pro preordered and will be getting the disc drive as well, can order from a few places although feel its a bit early to order considering console delivery over a month away. What’s the general thoughts on this, likely to sell out closer to release, better buy buy now? What’s everyone else doing? Thanks.

Yup, I saw that ... 2.5 grand for an image, thinking they had scored a "bargain" by not paying 4-5K. Ouch, and eBay aren't bailing them out. Very scummy.
Yeah, I’m surprised eBay are ok with that practice since it’s very obviously designed to con people into bidding on the assumption it’s an actual console.

All it does IMO is reflect negatively on eBay that they’re allowing outright scammer's to operate freely on their platform without oversight.

Last edited:
I don't understand how they allow it

Probably low paid CS staff in the Philipines or India etc. following a very strict paint by numbers approach to refunds, perhaps no or limited discretion to make a decision re: the item technically being as descibed but the general vibes of the listing being misleading.

Maybe it needs some policy put in place by higher up people at ebay if they want to deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom