Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 31 12.5%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 153 61.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 52 21.0%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters
I read somewhere that the PS4 Pro sales made up only of around 12% of total PS4 sales, which is lower than I thought tbh. With that in mind plus the high cost of the PS5 Pro, I guess it makes it a lot easier to keep up with demand.

There is no mistake. Sony know exactly what they're doing. They haven't included a disc drive because they want to push people into buying all games digitally. And if you want to play games on disc then you gotta pay extra for the privilege.
Or just maybe they don't want 2 SKU's of an already fringe console, which would increase production costs and complicate logistics...

As far as I remember it from when it was made available to pre-order it did sell out fast. But by the morning it was available again. To me this means they would’ve moved allocations from region to region to meet demand spikes. That’s a total guess from me but as I work in supply chain that’s what we would do in the same situation. Rob Peter to pay Paul kind of thing - we do it all the time.

The PS4 Pro also didn't sellout. I'm not sure why a fair amount of people here were expecting the PS5 Pro to sellout at launch.

Didn't Sony reveal that the PS4 Pro only made up 10/11% of the entire PS4 userbase? Take into account that the PS4 Pro was also launched at a much cheaper price than the PS5 Pro and you've sort of got every reason there.

The PS5 Pro isn't cheap enough to be an impulse buy for a lot of people. The PS5 Amateur is also a really good console, the Pro existing doesn't make that console obsolete and there's a decent argument that there haven't been many great dedicated PS5 games this generation.

Even with that, it does feel like people want stuff to fail so much now. I think it's cool that Sony have brought another mid generation console release. I don't like the price but I do like that they are pushing certain features (PSSR, dedicated RT elements) alongside raw GPU % increase and I might end up picking one up down the line. I'm in no rush to get one right away, my PS5 does everything I want it to for console gaming and my PC does everything else.

Last edited:
I've been wondering since the announcement if PS5 Pro would improve on the dire VRR of the PS5, where the VRR only kicks in at 48fps. So many multi plat games run and feel better on the Series X when using a VRR display, as the Series X has a wider VRR range.

"TVs with variable refresh rates that can range from 40 to 120 fps are going to work with the PS5 Pro, Cerny adds..." - link

This quote from Cerny seems to suggest the VRR low frame frame compensation will now match Series X. Which if correct, is brilliant news!

Last edited:
The PS4 Pro also didn't sellout. I'm not sure why a fair amount of people here were expecting the PS5 Pro to sellout at launch.
Because Sony have a track record of using artificial scarcity to drive FOMO/sales. But, as you say, the PS4 Pro accounted for a minority of sales in the last generation ; why would the PS5 Pro be any different, especially given the inflated price ? It did sell out in some regions, just not all.

Last edited:
I've been wondering since the announcement if PS5 Pro would improve on the dire VRR of the PS5, where the VRR only kicks in at 48fps. So many multi plat games run and feel better on the Series X when using a VRR display, as the Series X has a wider VRR range.

"TVs with variable refresh rates that can range from 40 to 120 fps are going to work with the PS5 Pro, Cerny adds..." - link

This quote from Cerny seems to suggest the VRR low frame frame compensation will now match Series X. Which if correct, is brilliant news!
No confirmation if this is the case or not, even with the likes of DF having some hands-on time with the Pro model. Would be welcomed if the VRR implementation is as good as the Series X.

No confirmation if this is the case or not, even with the likes of DF having some hands-on time with the Pro model. Would be welcomed if the VRR implementation is as good as the Series X.
I'm hoping some solid confirmation comes out soon. Kinda surprising DF didn't ask this question when they went on their all expenses paid trip.

Last edited:
I’m still tempted by the ps5 pro as it and the Nintendo switch are basically my go to gaming platforms these days. I’ve lost interest in the hassle/expense of PC gaming.

However I kind of feel want more of a demonstration of what the ps5 pro can offer before ordering one though. Hopefully we’ll find out more before the retailer sale date on the 10th October and I can order one then if I feel it’s worth it.

What’s the supply of disc drive units like at the moment? Are they available anywhere?

Last edited:
I’m still tempted by the ps5 pro as it and the Nintendo switch are basically my go to gaming platforms these days. I’ve lost interest in the hassle/expense of PC gaming.

However I kind of feel want more of a demonstration of what the ps5 pro can offer before ordering one though. Hopefully we’ll find out more before the retailer sale date on the 10th October and I can order one then if I feel it’s worth it.

What’s the supply of disc drive units like at the moment? Are they available anywhere?
For myself it will depend on what performance uplift on particular games and even then you're at the mercy of the developers to support the bloody thing... cough PS5 60FPS version for RDR2.

For myself it will depend on what performance uplift on particular games and even then you're at the mercy of the developers to support the bloody thing... cough PS5 60FPS version for RDR2.

How far away is the PS6? I’ll probably wait until that drops and while we get only a few release games play all of those that have been boosted on the pro. A RDR2 60fps release would be epic, I gave up waiting though.

How far away is the PS6? I’ll probably wait until that drops and while we get only a few release games play all of those that have been boosted on the pro. A RDR2 60fps release would be epic, I gave up waiting though.
Rumoured to be ( and backed up by the Sony/Insomniac leaks ) late 2027 or possibly 2028. Spider-man 3 is slated for Q3 2028 ... that will probably be the big launch game for PS6.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom