Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
So, I've been out of the loop for quite a while, are you guys getting the Pro on release or holding out?

I'm just not getting one. I've barely used my PS5, most of my gaming this gen has been either indie games, lower budget "AA" games or esports titles. I tend to play those sorts of games on pc, a lot of indie games seem to hit pc first as well.

PS5 will probably be my last Sony console as well. Exclusives are coming on out pc now and while the GPU manufacturers are taking the mick with prices, it's not like console is much better, it's just death by a 1000 cuts instead. Buy a console which seem to have ever increasing prices, then pay Sony to play online on someone elses servers & even if you aren't intrested in online play, easy local save backup has been made akward to try and force you over to paid cloud backups. Perfectly good controllers are blocked from use to force you to buy a £70 new gen controller. Sony seem to heading towards digital only as well and £70 digital games with no competition because Sony block game codes being sold elsewhere.

Last edited:
Don't think I'll even be considering a PS6.
PS5 has been by far the worst console I've ever had. I've played so few games on it.
I miss the PS1 and 2 days of gaming.

Probably back to PC for me.

OK Boomer .... ;)

The PS1 was great at the time as it really ushered in 3D gaming as a thing. Back in the 90s / 00s the PC was pretty much my platform of choice for online/gaming until the xbox 360 released and IMO xbox live superceded most of what was available on PC at the time. Honestly, these days I pretty much only game on console (PS5 / Switch) and can't be bothered with the hassle/expense/time investment of building a gaming PC anymore.

I'd rather just sit down on the couch in front of a 65" OLED TV and game on that rather than being hunched over a keyboard, mouse and monitor. So the PS5 Pro is ideal for me. But each to their own!

Last edited:
Just sold my ps5 normal for 380 euros. Now need to sell some more stuff to make up the missing 420 to pay the 800 euro price of the Pro I'm collecting on the 7th!

rp2000

Just sold my ps5 normal for 380 euros. Now need to sell some more stuff to make up the missing 420 to pay the 800 euro price of the Pro I'm collecting on the 7th!

rp2000

Good to get the most before the PS5 Pro releases but I'm hanging onto mine until next month as still not 100% if I'll keep the Pro order!

Depends on whether I feel the extra cost is justified :) though I probably will as the ps5 is pretty much my go to gaming platform.

Last edited:
Good to get the most before the PS5 Pro releases but I'm hanging onto mine until next month as still not 100% if I'll keep the Pro when it arrives! Depends on whether I feel the extra cost is justified :)
I already paid a non refundable deposit of 160, so I'm all in, and won't even have the option of looking back.

rp2000

Loads of folk and media outlets still seem really hung up on the price of the PS5 Pro!

I think what I find humorous is there’s so many on this forum (and in the media) who wouldn’t even bat an eyelid at the thought of spending £1000 on a video card alone never mind several thousand more on PC components, monitors, peripherals, etc!

Yet somehow £700 on a complete games console is seen as excessive!

Go figure?

Last edited:
Loads of folk and media outlets still seem really hung up on the price of the PS5 Pro!

I think what I find humorous is there’s so many on this forum (and I’m the media) who wouldn’t even bat an eyelid at the thought of spending £1000 on a video card alone never mind several thousand more on PC components, monitors, peripherals, etc!

Go figure?
Same as a lot of threads in these forums tbh. More people complaining about something they won't buy/watch/like rather than people who do like it getting to have a discussion.

I think I posted a couple of negative points after the initial price announcement . Then I just left it at that and started posting after I changed my mind.

I reckon if the poll was reset now the results would be quite different, a lot of people changed their mind, I reckon.

But the whining won't really go down till the console is actually released on Nov 7th. Then some of the whining will be replaced by FOMO :D

If it was up to me there would be separate PS5 and Pro threads tbh. Might help a bit.

Edit: PC owners upgrade to get a bit higher FPS and better ray tracing. No issues.
PS5 owners do the same and it's considered bad value :p

rp2000

Last edited:

I think what I find humorous is there’s so many on this forum (and in the media) who wouldn’t even bat an eyelid at the thought of spending £1000 on a video card alone never mind several thousand more on PC components, monitors, peripherals, etc!

Go figure?

I don't even think the price is particularly bad considering it comes with 2TB as standard but they could've at least included the stand (lol), I'm just on the fence about getting it on release as I'm a bit sceptical as to whether they actually utlilise the new hardware that well down the line. Also, I'd rather wait to see actual first-hand reviews and avoid potential hardware problems but hopefully there aren't any to be fixed with revision XXX later:P

As I've said, PSSR alone has a lot of promise and could be a potential game-changer, it's already in a different universe compared to FSR so I hope for the best and I'll probably just cave in seeing as I mostly play on PS5 anyways.

I even have the money set aside for it already, I sold a lot of things so it's not even a problem and that's without counting what I recoup from my last revision fat disc one.

Last edited:
I've put playing forbidden west on pause, only about 12 hrs in I imagine so that I can enjoy what the pro can offer.
When you game at 120" via projection you can really see all the pixels and any shimmering or texture quality issues.
That said was tempted to pre order but seeing as not selling out will wait for proper reviews before deciding.

I had always said I would gladly pay more for a more powerful console and here we are, time to eat my words...

My RTX 3080 hasn't seen action in over a year by virtue of just not being on a gaming 'swing' right now.

But yeh where are all the PS5 games at?!

I've put playing forbidden west on pause, only about 12 hrs in I imagine so that I can enjoy what the pro can offer.
When you game at 120" via projection you can really see all the pixels and any shimmering or texture quality issues.
That’s what I’ve found is an issue with many ps5 games. You often see shimmering and blurry low res texture quality issues.

Plus odd aliasing outlines on the outlines of objects like you see in that ratchet and clank video. I think it’s a side effect of the sharpening filter or upscaling methods many games use. You can see that in the pro these issues are much reduced with PSSR

I also fancied playing final fantasy on pro as that was unbearably blurry with foliage, backgrounds , etc on the base ps5.

Last edited:
But yeh where are all the PS5 games at?!
This is why I can't see the appeal of the Pro, for me anyway.

The regular PS5 hasn't really been pushed by many games as it is, speaking from the pov of someone happy gaming across the living room on a 4k TV rather than projection which I imagine would be a very different experience.

This is why I can't see the appeal of the Pro, for me anyway.

The regular PS5 hasn't really been pushed by many games as it is, speaking from the pov of someone happy gaming across the living room on a 4k TV rather than projection which I imagine would be a very different experience.
Agreed. I think this is one of the main reasons why some are still undecided on the Pro. People don't want to replay ( cross gen ) games they've already completed, they want to have new experiences. If the Pro had been anounced alongside a major 1st party exclusive with another couple due next year then I think the reception would have been far more positive. And with GTA6 being pushed to 2026 that's made the decision to become an early adopter ( of the Pro model ) harder to justify.

You can't really say that though, this is the "enthusiast" model; Sony will want to subsidise the PS6 to promote people switching to it.

The biggest thing that will effect price i think, is how relevant Xbox is when the PS6 comes out.
not so sure, if they can sell significant numbers at 699, i betting 599-699 is ps6, especially as xbox is meh. is nvidia v amd again lol

not so sure, if they can sell significant numbers at 699, i betting 599-699 is ps6, especially as xbox is meh. is nvidia v amd again lol

Pricing wise I think it’s not unreasonable to assume that if a ps5 cost £480 iirc at release in 2020 then given inflation a ps6 will launch at £700-800 in 2028? I think that would be a fair assumption regardless of whether the ps5 pro existed or not?

The lack of competition from Xbox is a shame though as it’s giving Sony too much freedom to implement negative policies for consumers.

I think when the switch 2 releases next year it might give finally provide Sony with that much needed competition.

Last edited:
The new welcome hub is kind of nice for glance-ability and a return of live wallpaper (kind off)

A little tip I found elsewhere if you like a more compact look and to view your custom background better.

Enable at least 9 widgets
Shrink them all to compact view
Pick 3 or 4 that you want to keep and move them all to the bottom
Disable all the other widgets

Ive got just 3 along the bottom in compact view, and my custom background is more or less visible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom