Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
I have been meaning to do this since the update happened. I think i will get it all setup when pro arrives.

I really hope they give some really nice animated backgrounds away with games. I would love a Silent Hill 2 one or Stellar Blade. Actually it would be great if you could put a pool of them and it randomises them at start.

Last edited:
Loads of folk and media outlets still seem really hung up on the price of the PS5 Pro!

I think what I find humorous is there’s so many on this forum (and in the media) who wouldn’t even bat an eyelid at the thought of spending £1000 on a video card alone never mind several thousand more on PC components, monitors, peripherals, etc!

Yet somehow £700 on a complete games console is seen as excessive!

Go figure?
Everything's relative; games consoles have never been this expensive before. I personally would bat many eyelids at paying £1k for a graphics card, but even if I was in the market for a 4090 at least I wouldn't need to wait for developers to update their games to take advantage of it. If mid-generation Pro consoles are going to become a routine thing now, they need to find a way to let the game's graphics settings be adjusted by the console OS rather than be fixed in place.

Everything's relative; games consoles have never been this expensive before. I personally would bat many eyelids at paying £1k for a graphics card, but even if I was in the market for a 4090 at least I wouldn't need to wait for developers to update their games to take advantage of it. If mid-generation Pro consoles are going to become a routine thing now, they need to find a way to let the game's graphics settings be adjusted by the console OS rather than be fixed in place.
I guess it depends on your age but, inflation adjusted, there have been plenty of systems over the years that have been more expensive at launch than the ps5 pro. The 3DO, Sega Saturn and other 90s CD based systems spring to mind ? PlayStation 3 was similar as well iirc.

Last edited:
I must be one of the few that would happily pay £1500 for a console as long as the performance was epic and games made good use of the power.
That way I could ditch the gaming pc and just get a laptop for work stuff.

For those of you over 45 :eek: how many more consoles do you think you have left in you? Maybe a PS6, possibly a PS7 before arthritis kicks in?!?! Crying over no disc-drive? In a decade or so you won't even be able to bend over to insert a disc, just go digital now and save your spine.

If you have the disposable cash just buy it and don't overthink the value stakes for a hobby you may have to give up in the next decade or so:cry:

rp2000

For those of you over 45 :eek: how many more consoles do you think you have left in you? Maybe a PS6, possibly a PS7 before arthritis kicks in?!?! Crying over no disc-drive? In a decade or so you won't even be able to bend over to insert a disc, just go digital now and save your spine.

If you have the disposable cash just buy it and don't overthink the value stakes for a hobby you may have to give up in the next decade or so:cry:

rp2000
Incidentally, accessibility/adaptive controllers are getting much better. I don't think the people complaining about the price or discs are over 45 tbh. Unless we've got some proper Victor Meldrew types here who will complain about anything

I have been meaning to do this since the update happened. I think i will get it all setup when pro arrives.

I really hope they give some really nice animated backgrounds away with games. I would love a Silent Hill 2 one or Stellar Blade. Actually it would be great if you could put a pool of them and it randomises them at start.
There's an animated backdrop for Astrobot, but that appears to be the only one for now.

A little tip I found elsewhere if you like a more compact look and to view your custom background better.

Enable at least 9 widgets
Shrink them all to compact view
Pick 3 or 4 that you want to keep and move them all to the bottom
Disable all the other widgets

Ive got just 3 along the bottom in compact view, and my custom background is more or less visible.
I'm probably being stupid, but is there a way to move the position of each widget ? All I seem to be able to do is switch them on off or choose a pre-made template.

Well I’m well over 45 and whilst my initial reaction to the price was a bit wtf after some consideration I am happy to suck it up and buy one. As long as my eyes and reflexes hold up I’ll be buying new consoles for a while yet I think. Been playing since my teens I don’t see any reason to stop now.

Last edited:
It looks better at 4x zoom when played back at a quarter of normal speed, I'll give them that.
Lol. This pixel peeping thing is so stupid. It's only evident on modern screens. I remember my crt TV and monitor could display loads of different resolutions and it would scale almost perfectly.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on your age but, inflation adjusted, there have been plenty of systems over the years that have been more expensive at launch than the ps5 pro. The 3DO, Sega Saturn and other 90s CD based systems spring to mind ? PlayStation 3 was similar as well iirc.
That's a fair point, though the PS3 was heavily criticised and sold poorly as a result of its launch price, forcing Sony to remove features in order to bring the price down to something more palatable. That was at the start of a generation when people are perhaps more open-minded to the idea of paying more when they know they're getting new features and functionality as well as improved performance.

That's a fair point, though the PS3 was heavily criticised and sold poorly as a result of its launch price, forcing Sony to remove features in order to bring the price down to something more palatable. That was at the start of a generation when people are perhaps more open-minded to the idea of paying more when they know they're getting new features and functionality as well as improved performance.

Not to mention new consoles usually launch or used to launch with new IP or at least new games.

Not having some new game or games to launch with this thing to show off the extra power is silly imo.

What's the next exclusive we are expecting?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the PS5 Pro once you add a disc drive to it? I'm trying to work out if it'll fit in my Tv unit horizontally or if I'll need to resort to using a vertical stand?

My current original Launch PS5 Disc Version fits but only just? Presumably the new PS5 Pro will be slimmer than it even once the disc drive is added?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the PS5 Pro once you add a disc drive to it? I'm trying to work out if it'll fit in my Tv unit horizontally or if I'll need to resort to using a vertical stand?

My current original Launch PS5 Disc Version fits but only just? Presumably the new PS5 Pro will be slimmer than it even once the disc drive is added?

It definitely looks slimmer from the photos

It definitely looks slimmer from the photos
Yeah, I've read it's the same width as the slim (but the same height as the original PS5). So presumably if it's compatible with the existing ps5 slim disc drive then the dimensions will be the same in terms of the width once the disc drive is added?

Just wondered if anyone knew for sure?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom