Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Gamers nexus new video is worth a watch. Shows just how big the gap is between PC and the newest of consoles.

Meh people don't buy consoles to compete or to be on par with PC's they buy them because of the exclusives and ease of use.

PC's will always outdo consoles as hardware is so modular that they can be upgraded as and when needed. Consoles on the other hand have a life cycle then are replaced by the next model.

It was a nice watch though! :)

Someone show me that 1070 running Miles Morales... Or with the DualSense controller... Or running a AAA game at a high resolution in 3 years time...

PS5 is my first console since the OG XBox, but will allow me to game at high resolutions on the latest games. Whereas if I was to buy a gaming PC for the same cost, it would quickly be outdated, and require continual spending to keep pace with releases.

So allegedly my pc (2060) is more powerful than my PS5 interesting. I'm actually going to sell my gpu because I don't use my pc for gaming anymore, my brain just associates it with work.
Wonder if they included an official windows licence in that cost.

Gamers nexus new video is worth a watch. Shows just how big the gap is between PC and the newest of consoles.

No, that is a very poor video - very much massaged to give the results he wants.
A 4yr old PC is not out-performing a PS5.
He benches a 1060 running at 1080p with the PS5 running it's Performance Mode at reconstructed 4k, which is far more taxing on the system.

With a GPU on par with 2080, it doesn't get "trashed" by 4yr old PC tech.

The video is not poor at all, they spent a long time producing it as methodically as possible, going through every single setting to get equal visual fidelity.

The takeaway shouldn't be that the PS5 is bad, it's just denouncing those who were saying the performance was on par with a 2070 super or 2080.

Frametimes are the biggest issue for those who will switch between PC and PS5 gaming, some of the 0.1% and 1% lows will be noticeable.

Of course, most of this is just gibberish to the majority of console players and they won't care :)

Last edited:
Ordered another controller in the meantime whilst I wait for the BT Shop to acknowledge my defective Dualsense controller issue.

I want two controllers eventually, and I've lost faith in the product, but I'd quite like to play my £450 console so needs must.

PC's will always outdo consoles as hardware is so modular that they can be upgraded as and when needed. Consoles on the other hand have a life cycle then are replaced by the next model.

Not knocking your comment as I agree with it entirely, but I still can't believe this needs to be said...

The conversation is getting really boring.

Last edited:
"You are number, 58,349 in the queue, your call is very important to us, please hold" :p

Their music was quite funky for the first few minutes. Now I want to murder someone.

41 minutes...

Amazon are delivering my new controller today, what's the betting they'll get here before SONY answer my call? :(

An hour now... not sure when to dip...

Last edited:
First week played quite a bit, since then i think i have turned on the ps5 maybe once or twice in the last month? Does not seem to be anything worth playing for the time being, i got bored quite quickly with AC. Next game i am looking forward to is RE8, so probs not get any use out of it until then.

I normally use the PS4 for Plex, but i have found that plex is more stable/faster then the PS5 used through the app direct on my LG OLED TV, ps5 version will buffer/cut out quite a bit when playing 4k.

Genuine question, why do so many OLED owners mention it instead of just saying TV?

I get it when it's to do with quality like "game looks great on oled as it has lots of blacks"

But when just talking about a tv why mention it? Yes I do have too much time to overthink things today.

I'm at 1 hour 30 now... :(

First week played quite a bit, since then i think i have turned on the ps5 maybe once or twice in the last month? Does not seem to be anything worth playing for the time being, i got bored quite quickly with AC. Next game i am looking forward to is RE8, so probs not get any use out of it until then.

It's because there's hardly anything to play.

Surely you knew this going in when you bought the console? :D

Download Maneater, it's quite fun.

But when just talking about a tv why mention it? Yes I do have too much time to overthink things today.

It's a flex...

Genuine question, why do so many OLED owners mention it instead of just saying TV?

I get it when it's to do with quality like "game looks great on oled as it has lots of blacks"

Godlike blacks, colour contrast and pixel response :cool: then tears when the FIFA scoreboard gets burned into your panel after a year.

Godlike blacks, colour contrast and pixel response :cool: then tears when the FIFA scoreboard gets burned into your panel after a year.

I don't play enough of any one game to suffer from that (touch wood). A tv is a disposable item in my mind anyway so won't be any tears.

I sold my copy of fenix to a friend and got another off the MM so look forward to starting that as I got AC burnout. Still not even touched DS

I guess its just like someone saying i have a car, and someone saying i have a Ferrari. If you just had normal car you would just say car, just like if you had a normal tv you would say TV, Not got much to flex about, so at least give me this one :D

I guess its just like someone saying i have a car, and someone saying i have a Ferrari. If you just had normal car you would just say car, just like if you had a normal tv you would say TV, Not got much to flex about, so at least give me this one :D

Have you played Tetris Effect? It looks amazing on my LG CX OLED 55OLEDCX5LB (Assembled in Poland)

Seriously though, it does because of the pure black backgrounds.

Back
Top Bottom