Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
I've finally done it and ordered a ps5 ssd - I found a good deal on the corsair mp600 Pro 2TB. At the same time I order a 50 piece Torx screwdriver set for future deepcleans.

I've been putting together a gameslist of games I want to permanently install ready for the new drive - hopefully it will arrive before ac6 releases on Friday morning.

To prepare for my 2tb drive coming I decided to fill my internal drive (I've left 120gb free for updates) with games I want permanently installed.

I have armored core 6 (preload), Atlas Fallen, Bloodborne + dlc, Dark Souls 1-3 with all DLC, Demon Souls, Elden Ring, Remnant 2, Sekiro and Star Wars Jedi Survivors.

To prepare for my 2tb drive coming I decided to fill my internal drive (I've left 120gb free for updates) with games I want permanently installed.

I have armored core 6 (preload), Atlas Fallen, Bloodborne + dlc, Dark Souls 1-3 with all DLC, Demon Souls, Elden Ring, Remnant 2, Sekiro and Star Wars Jedi Survivors.
Transferring between the drives is really quick too - so I wouldn't worry too much about the game being on the internal drive vs. the secondary.

Sony's PlayStation division has acquired high end planar magnetic headphone company Audeze for an unspecified amount

This is a really weird acquisition given that Sony electronics already makes good headphones, though their headphones use dynamic drivers not planar magnets.

Audeze has previously dipped its toes in the gaming market launching two gaming headphones, one costs $900usd and the other $400usd, so not exactly Sony PlayStation's usual target market

It will be interesting to see what PlayStation does with Audeze's technology for gaming audio

Last edited:
Sony's PlayStation division has acquired high end planar magnetic headphone company Audeze for an unspecified amount

This is a really weird acquisition given that Sony electronics already makes good headphones, though their headphones use dynamic drivers not planar magnets.

Audeze has previously dipped its toes in the gaming market launching two gaming headphones, one costs $900usd and the other $400usd, so not exactly Sony PlayStation's usual target market

It will be interesting to see what PlayStation does with Audeze's technology for gaming audio

I would guess some patents is the reason.

Last edited:
My corsair Pro lpx 2tb drive arrived early yesterday. I fitted it last night and it worked like a charm. I tested it by copying AC6 from the internal to the new drive it did it in 18 seconds (43gb). Strangely moving it back took a bit longer - around a minute or so. I'm very happy with it and spent the night installing loads of games (digital) once the queues have finished I'm going to go through my ps5 and ps4 disks to install anything I might want to replay (starting with gran turismo 7).

My corsair Pro lpx 2tb drive arrived early yesterday. I fitted it last night and it worked like a charm. I tested it by copying AC6 from the internal to the new drive it did it in 18 seconds (43gb). Strangely moving it back took a bit longer - around a minute or so. I'm very happy with it and spent the night installing loads of games (digital) once the queues have finished I'm going to go through my ps5 and ps4 disks to install anything I might want to replay (starting with gran turismo 7).

Digital Foundry did some tests - copying to an M.2 SSD is way fast but copying to the PS5's SSD is way slow. It's geared up for reading rather than writing.

Eurogamer have updated their PS5 SSD list for anyone still looking for a storage upgrade

P5 Plus is still a great choice :)
I ended up putting a 2TB SN850X in mine, the price has plummeted on NVME lately. Still keeping the external 4TB attached.

Been stuck with my trusty original Xbox One for years now and I think early October I am going to make the plunge to the PS5.

Any upcoming games worth keeping an eye out for, anything to be aware of when buying one etc? Been out the game really for a good few years now so could do with some tips or is it as easy as plug it in and go etc?

Been stuck with my trusty original Xbox One for years now and I think early October I am going to make the plunge to the PS5.

Any upcoming games worth keeping an eye out for, anything to be aware of when buying one etc? Been out the game really for a good few years now so could do with some tips or is it as easy as plug it in and go etc?
Iirc Spiderman 2 comes around that time, only things I'd suggest is a good TV or monitor, a NVME if you have slow internet or like storing good few games on system, and get PS+ extra or premium for lot of good titles

Existing prices are still valid at the moment so you can extend your current sub if necessary. That said it's probably still cheaper to wait till they discount it as they usually do a few times a year.

Also, a reminder not to buy games or subscriptions using a debit/credit card on the PS Store, you'll save about 15% by using wallet top-up codes from ShopTo etc.

Back
Top Bottom