Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Definitely not worth it for me now unless they start putting their first party games on it on launch day. The fact that their own games get removed as well (Last of Us Part II, Spider-man) is another bummer. Game Pass on PC will keep me occupied just fine from September when Starfield comes along and that costs me £0.00 thanks to MS Rewards. :p

And another thing - the fact they lock cloud saves behind PS+ is crap as well. :p

Last edited:
The price of GP Ultimate went up to 12.99 which is £156 a year. It was inevitable this would go up too.
A lot of people don't cry about the price because of the work arounds to a get a big discount and the generous MS Rewards points that allow people to get it for "free" even though the time spend getting the points they would be better off doing an hour of overtime in at work.

Last edited:
Annoying news, even if everything has gone up in price and Sony PlayStation isn't immune to the financial pressures (particularly after their recent quarterly results).

This absolutely kills any enthusiasm or desire I had for the Extra/Premium tiers. I still find some value in Essential; cloud saves, sale prices and my library of games. Plus online obviously. So will likely continue paying for that in the short-term although I always buy when discounted.

I’m locked into Premium until 2027 with a big discount and by that time games will probably be mostly digital and I would have lost interest anyway; plus games are becoming more and more generic as the years go on.

Last edited:
As said above, nobody should pay for this through PSN at face value. Savings to be made by getting psn vouchers.
Again, considering everything has gone up I don't think a non essential service like this should really be that much of a surprise.

Have Extra till sometime in December and that's it for me, I guess.

Have played all of their samey exclusives, most of which are on PC already so I might just go back.
Will miss GT7 and Demon's Souls but that's it.

Won't pay these prices just to be able to play SF6 and T8 online when the library isn't even that amazing and games can get removed whenever.

Had the prices stayed the same, I'd probably regularly grab a year on BF deals with cards.

I've got Premium at the moment (had 6yrs of Plus stacked before the new tiers were announced and then a purchase of a single years of PS Now meant I now have 6 years of Premium).
When this eventually runs out, I won't be looking at anything above Essential.

I think its been mentioned but it sucks that Sony remove their own exclusives from the ps+ service when they choose, weather they decide what exclusives to put on there is up to them, but once an exclusive is on the service it should stay there.
Discounts aside I won't be renewing once my extra has expired.

I cancelled mine last month as I've not been impressed with the PS Plus offerings as of late (essentials subscription) After seeing this price hike and the latest monthly offerings, Sony are definitely dropping the ball on this one. It's a shame as the PS4 era got me back into console gaming but the PS5 this time round just hasn't done it for me. MY PSVR2 is collecting dust and I'm finding I've going back to older games via the steam deck and playing 90% of the other games I want/have on Xbox Game Pass.

A lot of people don't cry about the price because of the work arounds to a get a big discount and the generous MS Rewards points that allow people to get it for "free" even though the time spend getting the points they would be better off doing an hour of overtime in at work.
Only takes me several minutes each day to get all my MS Reward points. I net approx. 25000 points/month, or 300000/year. It's really not hard to do once you know how ...

I cancelled mine last month as I've not been impressed with the PS Plus offerings as of late (essentials subscription) After seeing this price hike and the latest monthly offerings, Sony are definitely dropping the ball on this one. It's a shame as the PS4 era got me back into console gaming but the PS5 this time round just hasn't done it for me. MY PSVR2 is collecting dust and I'm finding I've going back to older games via the steam deck and playing 90% of the other games I want/have on Xbox Game Pass.
I keep my sub going just for cloud saves, but the Plus & Premium tier just aren't compelling enough for the reasons you describe, plus I don't have any nostalgia for PS2/3 era games ( I was a PC gamer during that era ) and own most of the big PS4 titles already. Actually, for me, this generation PS is becoming a bit stagnant. Other than FF Remake part 2, what other big exclusives are on the horizon ? This year, Forspoken and FF16 were both underwhelming. PSVR2 was similarly disappointing and the PS Portal ... just why ??? I'm looking forward to Spider-man 2 .... and Wolverine when it eventually appears ( could be 2-3 years away ) but that's it. Is the pendulum about to swing back in Xbox's direction again ? Not saying this to stir up controversy ... I have no loyalty to any gaming company. My forecast is for 2024 to belong to Nintendo, with the release of Switch 2 !

I keep my sub going just for cloud saves, but the Plus & Premium tier just aren't compelling enough for the reasons you describe, plus I don't have any nostalgia for PS2/3 era games ( I was a PC gamer during that era ) and own most of the big PS4 titles already. Actually, for me, this generation PS is becoming a bit stagnant. Other than FF Remake part 2, what other big exclusives are on the horizon ? This year, Forspoken and FF16 were both underwhelming. PSVR2 was similarly disappointing and the PS Portal ... just why ??? I'm looking forward to Spider-man 2 .... and Wolverine when it eventually appears ( could be 2-3 years away ) but that's it. Is the pendulum about to swing back in Xbox's direction again ? Not saying this to stir up controversy ... I have no loyalty to any gaming company. My forecast is for 2024 to belong to Nintendo, with the release of Switch 2 !
It's been a bad generation for Microsoft and Sony. Lack of exclusives and whilst Sony have been better on that front, their big move towards GaaS has me concerned.

I've loved some of the backwards compatibility and 60fps patches. And I still have a large library of games I want to play on both machines. But blimey are both doing their best to push me away.

I honestly can't see how pendulum can swing back to Xbox when they don't have anything but starfield and another Forza lined up, far as I've seen there's no release dates for rest? So both Sony and MS are looking little barren at moment, both have some solid titles coming but then nothing after early 2024

PS5 has blown away Xbox in terms of of exclsuive games but it's more that Xbox has dropped the ball rather than Sony playing a blinder. Having said that, I have both and enjoy playing both rather than firing up my neglected gaming PC and dealing with Windoze... They both just work and look great on a 55" 4K Sony OLED.

Only takes me several minutes each day to get all my MS Reward points. I net approx. 25000 points/month, or 300000/year. It's really not hard to do once you know how ...
As I said several minutes every single day which would probably equate to at least an hour a month. I do it myself bar the GP quests, and it becomes a chore having to to remember.

In my eyes it's only worth doing if A. You can mostly do it on works time or B. You ride public transport and have dead time to use. If you're devoting much free time to it you're essentially working for pennies.

Last edited:
As I said several minutes every single day which would probably equate to at least an hour a month. I do it myself bar the GP quests, and it becomes a chore having to to remember.

In my eyes it's only worth doing if A. You can mostly do it on works time or B. You ride public transport and have dead time to use. If you're devoting much free time to it you're essentially working for pennies.
Agreed

Back
Top Bottom