Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Practically giving them away now. Cheaper than the steam deck I just got.

TBF, if it wasn't for the horrible UFO sounding fan I experienced on the newer models I'd have bitten. but as it is I'll wait for the slim and hope it's better.

Last edited:
Practically giving them away now. Cheaper than the steam deck I just got.

TBF, if it wasn't for the horrible UFO sounding fan I experienced on the newer models I'd have bitten. but as it is I'll wait for the slim and hope it's better.
If you see the slim for sale, let us know ! I check Amazon every day.

Looks like the best PS+ Black Friday offer for me is to upgrade to premium for £7 for my remaining 200 days. May as well as I'm interested to see how PS+ cloud streaming performs now they've got the PS5s in the data centres.

I'm a little underwhelmed at the current BF deals for existing Extra memberships. Seems the only viable option is direct via Sony for £99.99 for 12 months. I could have sworn previous years were better. Oh well.

I haven't found a concrete answer for this Q.....

How essential is PS+ if the only real online gaming for a while is going to be Fortnite?

I read different things that Fortnite works fully and PS+ isn't required through to you can play it but can't use voice chat or get the battle pass.

We'll get PS+ eventually but the lad is going to have a few disk games as presents and he'll want to port his Fortnite account across from the switch but I can't see him needing any online library games for a while.... just as long as Fortnite is working!

What drives are people putting in the PS5 these days? Need to expand and since it is black friday, going to keep an eye out.
I've got the Crucial P5 Plus 1TB which is well regarded and meets the official requirements (although you'll need to buy a heatsink for it).

Both the 1TB and 2TB are in the black friday deals (and the 2TB is almost the same price I paid for the 1TB back in March!)

I need some help.

Im currently on pay monthly for PS Plus essential.

I want to upgrade tomorrow (Black Friday) and pay for 12 months of EXTRA.

However, I can’t find anywhere to do this. When I explore the ‘upgrade’ option it only allows me to pay about £3 to upgrade for the rest of the month. How do I change to 12 months???

I don’t want to miss out on the 25% upgrade bonus for Black Friday
Any ideas on this? All I can do is upgrade for the rest of the month for £3, then buy a 12 month when the discount has ended.

There has to be a way to upgrade to 12 months now?

I have about a month left (31 days in fact)

mine is offering 25% off Subscription extension of Extra for another 12 months (not too bad)

or 30% off upgrade Extra to Premium - unfortunately only a months worth so only £1

It can not stream remotely, it must be on the same wifi network as the ps5

But Sony has said they may in future bring remote streaming

so the portal only works on your home wifi? so you cant take it out the house and play over another wifi connection?

PS site says you can play from wherever there is a internet connection?

Last edited:
What drives are people putting in the PS5 these days? Need to expand and since it is black friday, going to keep an eye out.
The Seagate 2Tb Firecuda 530 with built in heatsink is currently at £111 and renowned for being the best drive available for PS5. There isnt much in it, i saw an adata 2tb one earlier for £89 with heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom