Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
so the portal only works on your home wifi? so you cant take it out the house and play over another wifi connection?

PS site says you can play from wherever there is a internet connection?
The way we understand it is that it only works on whichever router the PS5 is connected to. I guess if you wanted to use a different network you’d need to take your PS5 with you! I don’t own one though so maybe someone from here who does can clear that up?

The way we understand it is that it only works on whichever router the PS5 is connected to. I guess if you wanted to use a different network you’d need to take your PS5 with you! I don’t own one though so maybe someone from here who does can clear that up?

yeah there seems to be mixed reports online be nice to know for sure

I've been let down by Game with pre-ordering the PlayStation Portal.

They claim to have shipped it via Evri on the 14th for next day delivery on the 15th.

Since the 14th Evri tracking is saying they are waiting for the parcel from Game.

I have a feeling Game lied about shipping it.

Logged into the Playstation store on my PC and it offered me 30% off 1yr subscription which made it £83.99, so bought £90 of credit from Shopto for £77.85 so it cost me £77.85 for a year sub to Premium and i have £6.01 left in my wallet.

Less than £6.50 a month is fine for me.

The Pulse 3D has pretty poor build quality so on that basis alone I'd avoid the Elite, unless it's markedly better.
I don’t agree. Yes, they are not the same build quality of £150+ sets but the sound quality for half the price is very very good. I am on my second pair, they seem fine for comfort and I have used them for extended sessions. The first pair still work, I just have to get some new pads. The seem-less integration with the PS5 system is great.

Spent a lot more time on the Portal since launch day, and still very impressed.
While you obviously wouldn't want to try playing a competitive twitch shooter on it, I played a load of Aliens: Fireteam Elite which is quite a fast-paced game, and some Ghost of Tsushima, and it was absolutely fine.
I only noticed brief image degradation once or twice on very busy scenes like rapidly spinning the camera around.
Other than that the image is super clean and crisp, the screen is big enough that reading small text isn't an issue (for me, good eyesight).
It's also far more comfortable to hold - as you might expect - than a Switch, and is a lot lighter than it looks.

I don’t agree. Yes, they are not the same build quality of £150+ sets but the sound quality for half the price is very very good. I am on my second pair, they seem fine for comfort and I have used them for extended sessions. The first pair still work, I just have to get some new pads. The seem-less integration with the PS5 system is great.
That you're on your second pair somewhat proves my point though! The cup fabric shouldn't be falling apart or coming loose after 16 months which it did on mine. They were £90 when I bought them so they're judged accordingly.

The 7P+ are 100 quid direct from SteelSeries at the moment...
£95 ***elsewhere***, that's a great price.

Last edited by a moderator:
2-hour full game trial of Baldur's Gate 3 for PS5 is available on PS+ Premium! Been wanting to see what this is all about. 2 hours will barely scratch the surface, I guess.

Last edited:
2-hour full game trial of Baldur's Gate 3 for PS5 is available on PS+ Premium! Been wanting to see what this is all about. 2 hours will barely scratch the surface, I guess.

You’d barely get through the first intro mission. Worth a go though to see if you’ll like the style of it or not as it’s not a game for everyone.

That you're on your second pair somewhat proves my point though! The cup fabric shouldn't be falling apart or coming loose after 16 months which it did on mine. They were £90 when I bought them so they're judged accordingly.

£95 ***elsewhere***, that's a great price.
I havnt used the new set yet, I am still on the original pair but i have bought a second set so i can buy a new set of pads and repurpose them for my PC. I have had them for just under 3 years (Think i bought them the week they became available approx dec 2020) and they have had a lot of use, for saying that all that has gone wrong with them is a bit of flaking of the leather type material on the cups is not bad longevity to be honest.. I dont know what you expect out of a set of headphones that were £90 at launch and can be had for about £60 now (My newest pair were £55)

Back
Top Bottom