Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
just went to purchase some PSN credit from Shopto

and within the website itself underneath purchase is a "Other sellers at Eurogames" - then add for CDkeys (although it doesn't say which site)

just seemed odd - are they linked ? can't see why they'd advertise cheaper sites to purchase from than themselves ?

Spent a lot more time on the Portal since launch day, and still very impressed.
While you obviously wouldn't want to try playing a competitive twitch shooter on it, I played a load of Aliens: Fireteam Elite which is quite a fast-paced game, and some Ghost of Tsushima, and it was absolutely fine.
I only noticed brief image degradation once or twice on very busy scenes like rapidly spinning the camera around.
Other than that the image is super clean and crisp, the screen is big enough that reading small text isn't an issue (for me, good eyesight).
It's also far more comfortable to hold - as you might expect - than a Switch, and is a lot lighter than it looks.
I've used it every night since i got it, playing Spider-man and Hogwarts on it and it is fine.

The only issue i have found is if you are downloading a game in the background, my portal just doesn't work at all, connects and is blurry and disconnects after about a minute. BUt if you pause the DL it's fine.

I've used it every night since i got it, playing Spider-man and Hogwarts on it and it is fine.

The only issue i have found is if you are downloading a game in the background, my portal just doesn't work at all, connects and is blurry and disconnects after about a minute. BUt if you pause the DL it's fine.
Yeah, mine is the same. If I'm download on the PS5, the Portal doesn't work that well. If I'm downloading from my PC it works fine - it's heavily linked to the PS5.

I was actually going to return it after 2 nights of using it and not really finding it that good - but then over the weekend I used it both times my daughter had her lunch time nap and then Saturday night when my wife was watching something on TV. Really enjoying it now, definitely geared towards single player games although Diablo 4 played well on it too.

Enjoying the comfort of it too to hold and despite the screen not being OLED, it's a nice glossy panel so looks nice.

I dont know what you expect out of a set of headphones that were £90 at launch and can be had for about £60 now (My newest pair were £55)
For them not to start falling apart within 16 months would be a start. My Steelseries set is now about the same age and shows no signs of wear at all.

Genuinely am glad you're happy with them and the PS5 system-side integration is something I miss, but I simply won't recommend them for the price I paid nor the lower price they're going for now, there are better options available.

Yeah, mine is the same. If I'm download on the PS5, the Portal doesn't work that well. If I'm downloading from my PC it works fine - it's heavily linked to the PS5.

I was actually going to return it after 2 nights of using it and not really finding it that good - but then over the weekend I used it both times my daughter had her lunch time nap and then Saturday night when my wife was watching something on TV. Really enjoying it now, definitely geared towards single player games although Diablo 4 played well on it too.

Enjoying the comfort of it too to hold and despite the screen not being OLED, it's a nice glossy panel so looks nice.
Yeah, think it's just maxing out its own wifi and not having any QoS. They should probably enable pause downloads when remote connection connected.

just went to purchase some PSN credit from Shopto

and within the website itself underneath purchase is a "Other sellers at Eurogames" - then add for CDkeys (although it doesn't say which site)

just seemed odd - are they linked ? can't see why they'd advertise cheaper sites to purchase from than themselves ?
How strange, I used them the other day to buy a £90 PSN store credit and it went through their website and i had the code instantly.

How strange, I used them the other day to buy a £90 PSN store credit and it went through their website and i had the code instantly.

sorry just to clarify - what I meant was there was the option to by from Shopto (I have many times in past with no issues - all good) - but underneath the add to cart was another option advertising buying from "Other sellers at Eurogames" - at a slightly cheaper price

just seemed odd

With having a new display, I feel compelled to go back and play all the games that I put on the shelf - mainly from the PS4 Pro era. So the likes of Infamous First Light, Mass Effect Andromeda, Assassins Creed Odyssey which I wanted to experience HDR with. Definitely be doing the PS5 stuff as well, of course.
Same here. I went from 2010 60hz LCD,to 120 Hz led. Huge difference even just browsing the internet is silky smooth.
Also correct me if I'm wrong,but don't games need to be encoded with HDR to get the full effect? For instance,my TV has a pop up that tells you when HDR is turned on. Batman Arkham Knight did'nt pop up,but other games do. PS4 btw

Last edited:
so the portal only works on your home wifi? so you cant take it out the house and play over another wifi connection?

PS site says you can play from wherever there is a internet connection?
It's like a Wii-U type thing. Works flawless wireless,as long as you're in range of the Wii-U/Your router. It's for when the enemy is watching trash tv you can kick back and play on it. At least your sitting next to her eh?

It's like a Wii-U type thing. Works flawless wireless,as long as you're in range of the Wii-U/Your router. It's for when the enemy is watching trash tv you can kick back and play on it. At least your sitting next to her eh?
It works fine outside of the house, I worked away yesterday and today and it was fine on the hotel wifi last night. Managed to play about 90 minutes of Diablo 4 and it was no issue at all!

Hotel WiFi was good, my PS5 is on a wired connection at my home - all meant that it was fine for me.

It works fine outside of the house, I worked away yesterday and today and it was fine on the hotel wifi last night. Managed to play about 90 minutes of Diablo 4 and it was no issue at all!

Hotel WiFi was good, my PS5 is on a wired connection at my home - all meant that it was fine for me.
That’s good to know! I am more interested in it now.

Back
Top Bottom