Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Hoping for a deal on a dualsense edge, missed the £160 odd one from EE store a couple of weeks back!

I solved my own problem with this I think!

Ebay were doing 20% off, so I got one for £176 from Ebay (this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404204074914)

I had an Amex offer for £5 off £15 on my card, so should take it to £171.

TCB were then doing 20% cashback on top of the Ebay deal, so in theory may knock another £30 off once tracked.

Good result I think assuming it all comes together! :)

Might not be your type of game but I play Fortnite at 4K 120fps and it runs really well.

It’s not really so much that you want 120fps it’s that although your Tv maybe capable of 4K 120hz but I find running games at a lower resolution but with VRR on is generally a better experience. For instance most games can play 1440p at about 70-90fps and look fantastic. The technology of VRR does a great job with making games so smooth it’s very impressive.

Upon reflection the 'slim' has been a great move. Sony just bunged off a load of stock at great prices for the old stock potentially getting a load more + subscribers, meanwhile people have been holding off to buy the new model that is only a little bit different (not even a 'proper' slim) and people have to fork out extra for the privilege of making it stand up as well as paying £100 more than the previous model for seemingly no upgrade, magic.

Last edited:
Upon reflection the 'slim' has been a great move. Sony just bunged off a load of stock at great prices for the old stock potentially getting a load more + subscribers, meanwhile people have been holding off to buy the new model that is only a little bit different (not even a 'proper' slim) and people have to fork out extra for the privilege of making it stand up as well as paying £100 more than the previous model for seemingly no upgrade, magic.
You don't need the stand for it stand upright as the slim is pretty bottom heavy.

Upon reflection the 'slim' has been a great move. Arasaka just bunged off a load of stock at great prices for the old stock potentially getting a load more + subscribers, meanwhile people have been holding off to buy the new model that is only a little bit different (not even a 'proper' slim) and people have to fork out extra for the privilege of making it stand up as well as paying £100 more than the previous model for seemingly no upgrade, magic.
There, corrected your post for you ;)

Samsung S92C OLED (S90C variant). Black Friday sales. Games look amazing on it, hard to say if any of that is down to the 120hz though, as I don't think I can really see the difference in the few games I tried so far.

rp2000
It's more down to QD OLED, it really is a good upgrade over LG's WOLED, just shame it doesn't come in 42"

It's more down to QD OLED, it really is a good upgrade over LG's WOLED, just shame it doesn't come in 42"
Yep, most of the wow is probably the QD tech (my last TV was a LG C7, so WOLED). It's definitely brighter as well, in normal and HDR usage. Most of the wow is probably the fact it's 65 inch compared to my old 55!

Think PS5 is rarely going to be able to output at 120hz unless the game is pretty basic.

All the AAA ones would struggle to hit 60 fps unless you turn the fidelity stuff down a bit.

I tried GT7 in both 60fps and 120fps modes and could honestly not see the difference, but I guess that's a cross platform game anyway. 60fps is smooth enough for me and all my current played PS5 games offer a performance RT type mode (GTA5, GT7, Spiderman2).

rp2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom