The official PS4 Headset/Headphones Guide/Discussion

Caporegime
OP
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SP-001-KS

Any one have these?

I'm guessing they just plug straight into the PS4 controller using the included 2 into 1 adapter.

Thoughts on PS4 use?

nope.

they have a usb adapter and work using the usb slot, meaning you have to be within range of the console (length of wire).

they are the bets gaming headset you can buy for the money they are similar to DT770's iirc.

sound city section has reviews on them

Associate
I use the official ps4 headphones. I don't have anything to compare them too as it's the first pair of headphones I've ever used for gaming. But I think they sound decent enough although there is some distortion sometimes.

Has anyone used them and gone for something else that is an improvement in sound quality?

Soldato
Anyone tried the new Stealth 400s?

Been using them for almost a week, really happy so far. Everything is nice and clear and people say my mic is crystal clear too. Wireless works perfectly, haven't experienced a single issue. Battery life is great as well, I'm grinding on Destiny right now so you're talking around 5 hours per night and I've only had to charge it twice since last Friday. Takes about 1-2 hours to obtain full charge. My only gripe and it's a small one is they aren't quite as sturdy as they appear in their display pictures, it's still more than sufficient though. I would personally recommend them for the price.

Soldato
Looks like the Turtle Beach 500p's are out tomorrow. Been holding off on starting Alien until I've picked them up. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, so after waiting a good while for these this is a pretty damning review:

Will wait for some more opinions on them before deciding what to do.

Soldato
Been using them for almost a week, really happy so far. Everything is nice and clear and people say my mic is crystal clear too. Wireless works perfectly, haven't experienced a single issue. Battery life is great as well, I'm grinding on Destiny right now so you're talking around 5 hours per night and I've only had to charge it twice since last Friday. Takes about 1-2 hours to obtain full charge. My only gripe and it's a small one is they aren't quite as sturdy as they appear in their display pictures, it's still more than sufficient though. I would personally recommend them for the price.

I've had them for just under a week, only used them as headphone at the moment. Last night I went into a party chat and all anyone could hear was static, this may sound crazy but which ear does the boom mic connect to ? My manual says right but after looking online another guide says it goes into the left ear, the thing is, I tried the left jack and I'm sure it woul not fit in. I'll try again tonight but I'm very confused over something so simple :p:confused:

Soldato
I've had them for just under a week, only used them as headphone at the moment. Last night I went into a party chat and all anyone could hear was static, this may sound crazy but which ear does the boom mic connect to ? My manual says right but after looking online another guide says it goes into the left ear, the thing is, I tried the left jack and I'm sure it woul not fit in. I'll try again tonight but I'm very confused over something so simple :p:confused:

It's left, the one on the right is to connect to your phone so you can hear it text/call.

I got these too and I'm loving them, the sound quality is really nice and I'm well pleased.

Associate
I ordered the Playstation 2.0 Headset, got home from work today to find it left by Hermes outside in the rain next to my shed.... not at the front door which is set into the house in an alcove so is protected from the weather, not with a neighbour but just on the grass next to the shed in the bloody rain.

Amazon box.. soaked, PS4 headset box...soaked, everything is bagged so possibly okay but not even going to bother checking, photo's being emailed to Hermes now will be looking for a new set and compensation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom