The official PS4 Headset/Headphones Guide/Discussion

Will definitely be just sticking to gaming with the K702's, as I have the HD650's for music and movies.

How do you find the Fidelio X1's for watching movies? Would they be comparable to the 650's for movies?

Oooo I just had a thought, The PS4 has optical out does it not? I may be able to pump the sound via that into my PC and capture it via my headset then buy a freestanding mic like the Belkin\Zalman one you have mentioned for a Mic that may solve all of my problems with 1 single cable. I do not actually have my PS4 yet but does the Zalman Mic just plug straight into the DS4 or do I need an adapter to do this? I did skim read the opening post so may have missed this

Last edited:
Oooo I just had a thought, The PS4 has optical out does it not? I may be able to pump the sound via that into my PC and capture it via my headset then buy a freestanding mic like the Belkin\Zalman one you have mentioned for a Mic that may solve all of my problems with 1 single cable. I do not actually have my PS4 yet but does the Zalman Mic just plug straight into the DS4 or do I need an adapter to do this? I did skim read the opening post so may have missed this

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here(I don't own a PS4 yet) but you can't have outgoing voice(mic) going through the DS4 without having the incoming voice chat going through the DS4 with it. So basically while people would be able to hear you, you would not be able to hear them. Also I believe you need a 4 pole 3.5mm jack to connect into the DS4 but someone else will need to confirm this.

Last edited:
Will definitely be just sticking to gaming with the K702's, as I have the HD650's for music and movies.

How do you find the Fidelio X1's for watching movies? Would they be comparable to the 650's for movies?

Fidelio X1 is quite "fun" (bassy), it's mid-fi though your HD650's are h-fi (much better). If you want a fun hi-fi headphone then it has to be HifiMans HE400.

Fidelio X1's are very good all rounders but since you already have HD650's I would avoid them. X1's are good for people looking for just 1 headphone to do everything.

You will need a USB Mic, if you plug into the DS4, people will hear you but you won't hear them.

But using a USB Mic will allow me to hear them correct via my pc and the optical cable?

yes, so long as it's just a USB mic you connect and not a USB sound card or a USB headset adapter with just a mic plugged in.

if it's a standalone USB mic then yeah it will work properly, if it's anything else then no it won't.

Well it seems finding a clip on usb mic is next to impossible unless they are micro usb so may be back to the drawing board or just not use comms :( which would be a shame.

Well it seems finding a clip on usb mic is next to impossible unless they are micro usb so may be back to the drawing board or just not use comms :( which would be a shame.

USB A Male to Micro female adapters do exist, but not in this country :p . I was actually shocked at how hard they are to find

Yeah most people that use that kind of setup tend to have one of those blue yeti USB type mics which cost like £70 just for a mic (just a guess cant remember their exact cost but they ain't cheap)

they do make a small one which is like £18 but you will need a USB extender cable for that on top

MIXAMP (£120) + PORTA PROS (£30) + CLIP ON (£1.50) = £150 ish

if you can source a mixamp second hand it will bring the price down quite a lot

Yeah but the idea was to be able to use my existing PC350s which I cannot do and it is pointless me buying the snowball or some such so Id be better off just splashing out on a decent set for the PS4 that you have listed instead of having a big ass mic on my desk simply for the PS4 :(

What wireless headset works for PS4?

I don't care for sound quality, it's going thorough my 5.1 regardless so it's only for vocals and mic.

It can be a single ear piece.

Something USB charge would be good. Something small, like the xbox 360 one.

Ta.

The PS4 comes with an earpiece as standard. It plugs straight into the DS4. It's good enough for vocals only.

Back
Top Bottom