****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
In comparison to mechanical Chorus I wouldn't say Record EPS shifts any better as it's already top notch on Campag's top mechanical groupsets. It is, however, effortless as you just tap the shift levers (located in the same places) to shift. There is certainly a satisfaction to both mechanical and electronic shifting but not ever having to worry about cable tension is good. Instead, you must worry that your bike is charged!:D

I think I could have equally been happy with mechanical Super Record on the Bianchi. It would have saved some grams but I feel on my Sunday best, electronic feels more luxurious.

Just takes the faff away from everything, no worrying about renewing cables or anything and the stress that sometimes unnecessarily causes, especially with internal cable routing nowadays.

I'm hankering for a new Road Bike, but I just can't bring myself to ever stop riding the Ridley considering it was my first road bike and has taken me so many fantastic places, even though it has some issues with the rear drop out.

Soldato
In comparison to mechanical Chorus I wouldn't say Record EPS shifts any better as it's already top notch on Campag's top mechanical groupsets. It is, however, effortless as you just tap the shift levers (located in the same places) to shift. There is certainly a satisfaction to both mechanical and electronic shifting but not ever having to worry about cable tension is good. Instead, you must worry that your bike is charged!:D

I think I could have equally been happy with mechanical Super Record on the Bianchi. It would have saved some grams but I feel on my Sunday best, electronic feels more luxurious.

Lovely, good to hear! I think I may have accidentally on purpose acquired Record EPS for my Colnago.

Soldato
Realised I hadn't really put pictures of my Diverge up here, so here's one soon after I fitted the Zipp Course 30 (and finally got around to cleaning it lol) :D

XmyajTa.jpg

(note: vastly smaller saddlebag than I've got a reputation for, is now my norm)

Soldato
Yeah Specialized S.W.A.T. box (Storage, Water, Air, Tools) system, I carry co2 canister, inflator, rubber gloves and an innertube in there. It does mean I have to use their cage at the front (it's a semi 'side pull' cage and I prefer a top opening, but clearance isn't great with the 800ml bottles I use).

The rear is the fairly ubiquitous Elite cage in Stealth Black. I did have two of them fitted until I found a SWAT box on the 'bay. No way I was paying the RRP for one!

Commuter/leisure/club/sportive/soon to be TT ride. One bike to rule them all! :cool:

Associate
Yeah Specialized S.W.A.T. box (Storage, Water, Air, Tools) system, I carry co2 canister, inflator, rubber gloves and an innertube in there. It does mean I have to use their cage at the front (it's a semi 'side pull' cage and I prefer a top opening, but clearance isn't great with the 800ml bottles I use).

The rear is the fairly ubiquitous Elite cage in Stealth Black. I did have two of them fitted until I found a SWAT box on the 'bay. No way I was paying the RRP for one!

Commuter/leisure/club/sportive/soon to be TT ride. One bike to rule them all! :cool:

Really cool that it has that. What do you keep in the saddle bag?

Soldato
Zipp wheels on a commuter bike - nice :)
Yeah, but also my weekend rider and commuter so a little bit of extravagance! To be fair they're a solid all round wheelset - not really too expensive, tough, wide and tubeless without being heavy or cheap. For around £600 so I don't overly 'care' about riding them for every day commuting. I may buy an aero set of lighter carbon wheels in future, but don't need anything more solid than these. Lots of people ride CX on them due to the width and tubeless, so they are tough & hard wearing. Hubs are the same as 303/404's so not exactly slow but may need some extra protection from the winter weather/road salty water (I applied waterproof grease to the seals of the endcaps when I swapped them & hope it's enough!).

Those lever hoods are enormous :(
Just the camera angle, they're the RS685 and only slightly bigger than standard 105 (5800) and loads smaller than the RS505.

Really cool that it has that. What do you keep in the saddle bag?
Another tube (I carry 2), gloves, multitool, levers, chain tool & spare links! Not that much really @randomshenans ! :p ;)

The SWAT box is Specialized specific, basically some of their frames come with 3 bottle mount points on the downtube so you can have the bottle different heights, or do this.

Last edited:
Associate
Here's my recent addition.
This is my new winter hack ;)

39468435525_8187737724_c.jpg

Lightweight Urgestalt, Red Etap, Will have the dt swiss pr 1400 dicut oxic wheels on for winter riding!

Soldato
Retail vs price paid!

I’d guess 12k retail.

Price paid who knows, discount from a friendly LBS, online rates. Between 6 and 10 perhaps!

If I wanted to buy a new Cervélo R5 it would cost me 5-7k retail. I didn’t pay anywhere near that for mine.

Back
Top Bottom