****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
At the top of #83 Kirkstone Pass -

zC1Etd7.jpg

Soldato
Loving it. The go to bike nowadays. I'll still take the reacto out if I know it's a flat route but other than that it's the scultura every time
did you happen to weight it ?

i'm still undecided on what bike to get...
most likely should be endurance bike, but not that many out there I like...

Associate
New second hand winter bike
Trek Domain 5.9, 6870 groupset (di2)

Got this as I wanted a bike that would take mudguards but still have a road bike fit.

I've stripped it down and will replace all the bearings, brake lines and pads and generally clean and regrease.

Whilst cleaning the chainrings I managed to sheer a bolt. Thankfully there was enough to unscrew. It's very tempting to to replace the crankset with a r8000, but I have to resist the urge of unnecessarily replacing parts, just because I enjoy tinkering...

Last edited:
Associate
Finished rebuilding the Trek Domain 5.9

Stripped, cleaned and greased everything.

Replaced:
- BB bearings with NTN 6805
- Headset bearings
- Crankset with r8000 (didn't have compatibility issues. Bought in sale and sold old one, chain and cassette seem almost new)
- Hood covers
- brake lines and cables
- bar tape
- stem (got a Bontrager xxx carbon stem for a couple of quid from a bike Co-Op)

Looks too immaculate to now use as my winter bike... :cry:

----

Just noticed the tyre and wheel graphics don't match up... am I that ocd that I need to address this. Yes.

Last edited:
Associate
And another.
This is my old winter bike that I've stripped and serviced to give to a mate who's getting into excercise and cycling.

Got some parts from a co-op bike repair shop as I've tried to do this on the cheap.
Stripped the hubs and repacked bearings.

This is the first adult road style bike I owned and it has been battered from more than a decade of communiting.

Just waiting on a new chain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom