****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
:cry:

I think next year will be the year. We'll get our next house sorted and then I'll be able to get the bike... though there is the small matter of the engagement ring too lol

Soldato

I think next year will be the year. We'll get our next house sorted and then I'll be able to get the bike... though there is the small matter of the engagement ring too lol
your correct...small ring..small matter...comes after bike that come swith the new house .
simples
if your partner loves you, ring won't change anything ;)

Soldato
You guys are trying to get me in trouble!!

Though to be fair I was planting the seeds of a new bike a few days ago. She asked ‘why’ as my bike is nice as is. My literal response was “to keep up with my online friends”

She wasn’t amused
still young and naive i see ...
reply should be : you want shiny thing on your finger, i want shiny thing between my legs !

other option when she said current bike is nice : that old thing ? blah...

we are here all day to help in relationships with bikes councelling :cry: :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato

A new chainset consists of multiple rings. Why get her a small engagement ring when you could get her a big 52 tooth chainring for your bike :D

Soldato
No thank you to the prince Albert!

To be honest, I don't deserve a new bike yet. I'll just look like even more of a tit going slowly on a nice bike! I've set myself a few goals I'd like to do (most important one I want to do first is a local climb and destroy my PB by minutes) before I feel like I would've earned or at least be more deserving of a nice bike.

A measurable one I'm going for is to be able to do the ADZ in <60 minutes. I cycle up it like a glacier at the moment with my best time being 74 minutes. If I keep putting the work in and actually improve over the year, ring or no ring I'll be getting a bike next year :p

Soldato
No thank you to the prince Albert!

To be honest, I don't deserve a new bike yet. I'll just look like even more of a tit going slowly on a nice bike! I've set myself a few goals I'd like to do (most important one I want to do first is a local climb and destroy my PB by minutes) before I feel like I would've earned or at least be more deserving of a nice bike.

A measurable one I'm going for is to be able to do the ADZ in <60 minutes. I cycle up it like a glacier at the moment with my best time being 74 minutes. If I keep putting the work in and actually improve over the year, ring or no ring I'll be getting a bike next year :p

One does not simply "deserve" a new bike.

Just think how much easier and quicker ADZ would be with DI2

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
You guys are trying to get me in trouble!!

Though to be fair I was planting the seeds of a new bike a few days ago. She asked ‘why’ as my bike is nice as is. My literal response was “to keep up with my online friends”

She wasn’t amused

You need to start talking about marginal gains. Isn't that what getting married is. When she starts extolling the virtues of marriage just tell her its only "marginal gains".

I already feel like a poser with my aero wheels and power meter whilst huffing along on the flats :cry:

Just gives people more time to appreciate your sweet bike.

@fez has a new bike....

*frame

Although at this point its entirely triggers broom sans the old parts wearing out. It does look mighty fine on my wall though.

Soldato
well that was me..aero wheels , power meter..and im faster on the new bike...just sayin' ...
to be fair I do usually like throwing money at problems. :D
Guys can we all have a sub-forum to privately discuss what we bully @Junglist for next after he's finally given in to a new bike?

*Gets new bike* "What did you do that for? Your last bike was fine!? :confused: "

Back
Top Bottom