**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

I think im gonna have to wait. I set aside £20 for the pre-order but ive run out of money till the end of the month!

Ill probably but it when I (finally) get around to buying my new pc. Ive been meaning to buy one for a year now and never got around to it. Hopefully the 'limited edition' will be like most limited editions and still be on shelves in a couple of months time!

Duno about it being on shelves as we have seen from trying to get it online some stores have run out of their allocated CE sets and only have normal editions.

--

Btw i been a bit worried about the speech etc in the game. I hear from posts from various forums its in russian and i was woundering when it comes to the UK will it be localized for us as in have english speech etc in the game?

SkeeterPSA said:
Btw i been a bit worried about the speech etc in the game. I hear from posts from various forums its in russian and i was woundering when it comes to the UK will it be localized for us as in have english speech etc in the game?

I remember reading somewhere that English voices have been added, but the translations are somewhat dodgy. I dont think it has a major effect on the game though.

Alty said:
*** COMPETITOR ALERT *** are the only company I use for getting games, cds etc online. I been using them for over 4 years and they sure give other online companies a run for their money! :cool:

Interesting to see the review of STALKER in PC Gamer this month - I really hope it lives upto expectation. Saying that, its only another week or so till its out n we can all find out for ourselves.

See quote

They just raised the price of the limited edition to £30 at the place where I ordered it, Im guessing as they have changed the details that they still have copys of it for sale.

I hope so because I got my order in when it was stll £17 :)

I just got into this underground tunnel zone, and man, this place looks amazing, they really did super effects on the lightning here, but my 8800GTX/6600E/2GB DDR 800 system barely manages to keep it at 25fps in this area(Outside it's 50ish). They mislabeled this game as an RPG, it's barely so. You can really feel the "FPS" in these tunnels, and see the great AI and good physics and most amazing lighting I ever seen in a game.

It looks good. My performance isn't that great.
Single core A64 and X1900XT stutters a lot at 1440x900, high detail/texture options, no AA, 1/2 view distance. Probably need to back down a notch

Change the dynamic lighting option to "Static Lighting" and enjoy the boost Very Happy .That's unless you absolutely want to play with DL but it's the biggest FPS killer. I can play with everything maxed with some AA and AF @ 1440 x 900 (A64 3200+ , 6800GT , 1 gig RAM) without DL and i get a constant 40 - 60 FPS

I totally agree, they did a superb job with lightning. When its dark and you have the flashlight out, it just looks beautiful. Even thought the shadows are pretty demanding on the hardware, i just cant turn them off, it just wouldnt look and feel the same. So far im enjoying it and the atmosphere is great even if the graphics dont look crysis-like.

more

OFFICIAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service Pack 2) / Microsoft® Windows® 2000 SP4
Processor type : Intel Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz / AMD XP 2200+
512 MB RAM
10 GB available hard drive space
128 MB DirectX® 8.0 compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 5700 / ATI Radeon® 9600
DirectX® 9.0 compatible sound card
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Processor type : Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 / AMD 64 X2 4200+
1.5 GB RAM
256 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 7900 / ATI Radeon® X1950
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL/T1+ speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

HIGH SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
Processor type : Intel Core2 Duo E6700 / AMD 64 X2 5200+
2 GB RAM
512 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible card / nVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 / ATI Radeon® X2800
LAN/Internet connection with low latency Cable/DSL/T1+ speeds for multiplayer
Keyboard, Mouse

z0mbi3 said:
So this is a 10 gig install then?
More like 6GB (from what I have heard. ;))

regulus said:
Damn, from what I've read so far it looks like even my rig my will choke when turning dynamic lighting on. :eek:
Only if you have grass density and viewing distance very high (apparently. ;))

Though I have also heard this game is a buggy pile of crap, take that as you will. :o

Back
Top Bottom