**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Andelusion said:
Downloading now, thanks Tom :)

So presumably this is fully optimised and everything? It'll be interesting to see how much better it runs with dynamic lighting on.

I presume so my friend, fairly slow download on this one but ill leave my laptop on grabbing it while i sleep. Theres a big thread over @ the official forums about this if you need more info.

Uploaded the 28th of Feb. maybe just an unlocked beta client?

I got kicked out of the beta for some reason, they disabled my key. What happend to the fileplanet beta anyway, they never officialy announced it but there was a page people found that gave out keys, my two mates could get them and they werent even subscribed.

Nieldo said:
Uploaded the 28th of Feb. maybe just an unlocked beta client?

I got kicked out of the beta for some reason, they disabled my key. What happend to the fileplanet beta anyway, they never officialy announced it but there was a page people found that gave out keys, my two mates could get them and they werent even subscribed.

Fileplanet BETA just never happened lol, sorry for stating the obvious but clearly THQ or Fileplanet just couldn't be bothered with it :confused: , feel sorry for anyone who signed up in the hope to join the BETA. TBH this has been the worst BETA i have ever been in. The sooner a open MP demo is widely available the better, theres only around 4-5 people at a time on the beta. :( was a shambles

Well for the short time I spent on the beta (key from fileplanet) the servers were quite full. Its just I never saw the official release of it on the fileplanet front page.

Looks like this MP Demo is just a LAN version ment for clubs and other place, needs a CDKey for online play.

Still, we can use hamatchi to fix that.

Nieldo said:
Well for the short time I spent on the beta (key from fileplanet) the servers were quite full. Its just I never saw the official release of it on the fileplanet front page.

Looks like this MP Demo is just a LAN version ment for clubs and other place, needs a CDKey for online play.

Still, we can use hamatchi to fix that.

O'rly?, As for the password im downloading fine using IE6 and just copying the files directly onto My Doc's.

EDIT: Upon furthur investigation, this looks like its a lan only demo from what has been gathered so far, the build has been updated and runs better than the BETA client, it also features new weapon sounds and various bug fixes, how popular this will be on hamatchi etc remains to be seen. Sorry if i mislead a few people :( .

Last edited:
Just spent the past 2 hours downloading the demo and learning Russian :confused: .

Anyways, BIG improvement imho over the "false" beta that was released. With the previous beta, my FPS was hovering around 60FPS completely maxed out. I now get 75-80FPS completely maxed out and everything just looks better. Hard to pin point, but the over all effect look more pleasing.

One thing I've noticed is the increase in anomalies. Before I saw one per level or sometimes not at all. In this version I had 2-3 in one level. Another issue I have is the fact that decals don't seem to appear when you shoot cars. Hopefully this will be fixed with a patch.

Overall, GSC seems to be going in the right direction. Can't wait for this game now. And I mean, REALLY. CANNOT. WAIT. ANYMORE. 5 years and still counting :eek:

Watched some of the vids on isn in high res and boy do they look much better when watchin the vids in high res as aposed to the french vid in low quality. Cant wait to play this game its gfx are a lot better than i thought.

Still can't access this as it asks for the username and password, and when I try to use command prompt it can't find the ftp server, and with an ftp client it asks for user and pass aswell. :(

It's not fair.

InvG

InvaderGIR said:
Still can't access this as it asks for the username and password, and when I try to use command prompt it can't find the ftp server, and with an ftp client it asks for user and pass aswell. :(

It's not fair.

InvG

Only if you try and download more than one file at once.

Back
Top Bottom