**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

for any of you guys who haven't seen it theres a cracking good website for
Stalker, details of everything inc maps/ weapons/ etc. minivideos of where rare items/ suits /weapons are etc. Details of every single NPC in the game
there is a warning about spoilers on the main page so beware -but if your'e stuck....

The Zone survival Guide:

http://stalker.heroesradio.com/index.php

Ever wondered whats in the rooms behind the bar? ever wondered whats beyond the outdoor parts you cant normally go to etc. tricks of how to do this are on this site, I cant believe the developers made so many areas you can't normally go to. if you already played the game you can see what you missed out & its guaranteed to be quite a lot

I've finished \o/ Horraa

All that fuss about the SEVA suit and I didn't need it. Managed on the suit I found in Pripyat.

I saved just before the the final questions.

At first I accepted. A quick cut sceene and the credits rolled.. So I went back and declined, which brought on the true ending of having to escape. Quite a tough ending to escape.

I might venture back and take the wishtaker route just for my curiosity.

Loved this game, apart from the bugs. I loved the openess, the weather system and the daylight/darkness aspect.

Dutch Guy said:
Does anyone else get a few seconds of freezing when going from the Warehouses to the bar area just before the checkpoint?

It looks like it's hanging forever and then suddenly continues, it does this everytime but never freezes forever.

Theres a few places like that for me. Just know that at certain points theres a little blip and the fun continues.

Haven't played for a while but the intention was to go back and kill everybody to get a different falsey. As it is I spend all my money, try and be friends with all and go blind for the trouble.

I hope the rumours of opening up the dead parts of STALKER were more than just that. Its got great potential as an MMO IMO TBH :)

Dutch Guy said:
Does anyone else get a few seconds of freezing when going from the Warehouses to the bar area just before the checkpoint?

It looks like it's hanging forever and then suddenly continues, it does this everytime but never freezes forever.

sounds like the same problem I was getting in Yantar.. The floatingpoint fix sorted that out.

Are you playing this again?

Is it normal that after installing Float32 the game sometimes hangs while loading a save and that the flashlight is much brighter?

Also, is it normal that the enemy detector indicating how much enemies are near you does not work in Chernobyl NPP just after Pripyat?

Dutch Guy said:
Is it normal that after installing Float32 the game sometimes hangs while loading a save and that the flashlight is much brighter?

Also, is it normal that the enemy detector indicating how much enemies are near you does not work in Chernobyl NPP just after Pripyat?

I didn't have any of those problems you describe .. I have say, as good as this game is, I've never played a game with so many bugs in. Not one that's been in development for so long. What patch you on?

Admiral Huddy said:
I didn't have any of those problems you describe .. I have say, as good as this game is, I've never played a game with so many bugs in. Not one that's been in development for so long. What patch you on?
v1.0003

The loading issue happens ~50% of the time and when I press ESC the game sthrows me back to the desktop, if I restart STALKER and try again it can load fine or give me the problem again, not really a big deal though, it just takes some more time to get the game to load.

Dutch Guy said:
v1.0003

The loading issue happens ~50% of the time and when I press ESC the game sthrows me back to the desktop, if I restart STALKER and try again it can load fine or give me the problem again, not really a big deal though, it just takes some more time to get the game to load.
latest 8800 drivers?

I had an issue where I updated to 1.003 then everything went dark.. Sorted by latest drivers.

Weird one that. :confused:

Well, that 3gb enabler patch got the game running. Now all i see inga,me is the sky, and grey underneath. Im using the latest nvidia drivers. anyone else got this problem? Yu can walk around the little room, but there is nothing there, but text on the screen as if there was. Its just a grey screen, no textures, no models, nada, nothing. Tried different graphics settings and reinstallation.

Back
Top Bottom