**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

Firegod said:
Well that sucks. :(

No .ini files or anything that Notepad could open to apply some adv.tweaks?
[Disk]:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC\user.ltx

There's nothing good in it though.

Dutch Guy said:
I guess it is the same as GRAW and R6 Vegas, the way they made the game does not allow "normal" AA which sucks :(
Yup, pretty much. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. uses deferred rendering, so the antialiasing is actually just a blur effect.

Last edited:
Well, I've been trying to play it but alas it no like Vista

Im running FX62 and 8800GTX and well yea Vista Ultima x64 and every time i open the save pannel back to desktop I go, no error messages or n e thign just desktop :mad: also does it randomly when im walking along. I've only managed to get to the second mission before i got very frustrated and gave up hoping for a patch.

Anyone else had the same problem or am I just unlucky?

I just got the email from PPD, saying my order of the Ltd edition tin was cancelled. :( I like the way it says they also have the standard version available for £24 :D Cheapest on the net apparently :rolleyes: haha

Is this game still worth buying? I have kinda lost all faith in it.

Diakatarnis, press the ` (above Tab) key and try things like:
save blah
savegame blah
gamesave blah

if you find one that works, then try loading it:
load blah
ect..

if a success, then thats one CTD you can aviod.. i don't know what to suggest with the random CTD though.

greeny_fastcar said:
Went home at dinner lucky enough to catch the postman:
Image:

The map is rather long and my picture didn't turn out of it.

I'll take another one later but first I must do some work. :)

If im right in saying that, the receipt you have their is from well can't say but on their site that collectors edition is advertised at £34.99 is that how much you paid?

Diakatarnis said:
Well, I've been trying to play it but alas it no like Vista

Im running FX62 and 8800GTX and well yea Vista Ultima x64 and every time i open the save pannel back to desktop I go, no error messages or n e thign just desktop :mad: also does it randomly when im walking along. I've only managed to get to the second mission before i got very frustrated and gave up hoping for a patch.

Anyone else had the same problem or am I just unlucky?
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/s...;title;5&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot&page=2
We also encountered issues while running the game under Windows Vista, from quick loads not working to the game becoming unstable and crashing. THQ and GSC Game World are working to deliver a patch for some of these issues,

Macabre said:
Bit of a rip like, its on the net for £17.68 or w.e thats what I got it for anyway.
I know, I was going to get it for 16.99 off PPD but they ****** me about and cancelled the order last week. I just thought why not, if its here on release day.

Plus I had the money to spend on it. :p

greeny_fastcar said:
I know, I was going to get it for 16.99 off PPD but they ****** me about and cancelled the order last week. I just thought why not, if its here on release day.

Plus I had the money to spend on it. :p

Hmm, I have the order on PPD for £17.68 and they haven't even sent it out yet, its still set as pre-release.

just had the same email telling me my order was cancelled.

what a cheeck, to wait til the day of despatch and then to tell lots of customers they dont have it.

ss_gerrys_03-21-07_19-22-01_l06_ros.jpg

ss_gerrys_03-22-07_13-18-05_l07_mil.jpg

ss_gerrys_03-21-07_17-27-32_l05_bar.jpg

ss_gerrys_03-21-07_17-18-15_l05_bar.jpg

Just a few pics from the Zone. Have hundreds more. Every one is worth a screenshot. Completely maxed out btw.

A game i was waiting so long for, and now released, i don't think im even going to buy it. From what i have seen and heard about, this game seems extremely buggy and boring, which is unacceptable for a game thats been in development for so long. :(

alexisonfire said:
I like the way it says they also have the standard version available for £24 :D Cheapest on the net apparently :rolleyes: haha

LOL, i just got this email through.

powerplaydirect.com said:
Sir\Madam,

I apologise, I was fed some mis-information, We are now aware that the price of £23.99 is not the cheapest on the web.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I think they are stalking me :|

Back
Top Bottom