**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

It's beyond me why not one single person has posted a full-res screenshot instead of these crappy low res-resized-pixelated pictures.

(unless I missed it)

Second to that is why people are saying it looks like a crappy pixelated game etc etc, can they not see the picture is resized or what?

*dies*

Last edited:
regulus said:
ss_gerrys_03-21-07_19-22-01_l06_ros.jpg

ss_gerrys_03-22-07_13-18-05_l07_mil.jpg

ss_gerrys_03-21-07_17-27-32_l05_bar.jpg

ss_gerrys_03-21-07_17-18-15_l05_bar.jpg

Just a few pics from the Zone. Have hundreds more. Every one is worth a screenshot. Completely maxed out btw.

Sob sob - where do you get those cool guns from?! I want them!!!

The game looks amazing, I can't see why people are saying it doesn't. Screenshots do not do the game justice, the lighting effects are some of the best I've ever seen, and most of the textures are great as well.

Vogon said:
hmmm ... I can't seem to get AA working, anyone have the same ?
Pretty much everyone cannot get AA working, and when you do it looks crap anyway due to being a proprietary X-Ray engine form of AA.

Neil79 said:
Yes with dynamic lighting being on it does look amazing , i can't understand it why people are saying it looks awful.. :o
Because we have eyes. :)

I am not saying the game looks bad, it's just that I hate any form of aliasing, the beginning of the game features many trees and without transparancy supersampling they look awful.

@regulus, I see your 8800GTS runs at 646Mhz, there are 27Mhz steps instead of 1Mhz steps so your card is actually running at 621Mhz, the next step is at 648Mhz, can your card not run at that speed?

No -one can get AA working ? thats very poor AA should be the law :D

Seriously, I know Regulus has resized, but even blowing up his images it looks like he has some AA ... I just get nothing on any setting in CP or Game.

alexisonfire said:
LOL, i just got this email through.

I think they are stalking me :|
Err.. you just 'LOL'd at yourself..

Just read the IGN review, seems to be a rough but quite good game. I think a few patches to reduce the bugs and it could be quite compelling. Might pick it up in the future when a new rig is in order.. which equates to when Crysis goes gold.

Last edited:
Yes, got mine retail (where else ;) ). Don't need to run my card any faster since the gameplay is very smooth. I actually ran stock speeds last night and it's still silky smooth. I overclock just for the sake of it.

Didn't change a thing in the control panel. I just upped every slider in the game to maxed, brought down the grass density to about 90% since the "juice aint worth the squeeze" on the GPU.

The game is gorgeous. The first 2-3 levels are clearly old. Once you get into the Arena/Bar and factory area, it's just stunning. I'm running around at the moment just doing side quests and discovering new areas. I'll post more pics when I get underground. That's where the textures REALLY shine.

regulus said:
Yes, got mine retail (where else ;) ). Don't need to run my card any faster since the gameplay is very smooth. I actually ran stock speeds last night and it's still silky smooth. I overclock just for the sake of it.

Didn't change a thing in the control panel. I just upped every slider in the game to maxed, brought down the grass density to about 90% since the "juice aint worth the squeeze" on the GPU.

The game is gorgeous. The first 2-3 levels are clearly old. Once you get into the Arena/Bar and factory area, it's just stunning. I'm running around at the moment just doing side quests and discovering new areas. I'll post more pics when I get underground. That's where the textures REALLY shine.
Vista or XP mate? :)

alexisonfire said:
LOL, i just got this email through.

I think they are stalking me :|

Got the exact same email as well saying my order was cancelled, as well as a few other emails of some customers complaining to PPD copying every other customer in the mailing list LOL.

On the email it did mention another place who also advertise the radiation pack for £17.99 though... may be worth checking out.

Last edited:
Running 1680x1050 on a Bel'nea 22", the highest it can go. About AA, You're probably going to call me an idiot, but I don't know if it's working or not, it's in my options in game and I have it maxed out. I've heard some ppl sayis it aint working. I guess mine's working then :confused: . Btw, running it under XP pro SP2. FPS around 55-60.

AA.jpg
[/IMG]

Regulus Its hard to tell if AA is on with resized images, thats why I asked if you could link (as forum wont like big images) to a straight untouched screenshot, preferably one like the one you have on the girders at all angles.
The menu's won't show it.

Some people dont mind or notice jaggies, I can't stand them :)

Back
Top Bottom